Touratech & Wunderlich on route down to Garmish

mermoto

Reaction score
Im thinking about dropping into Wunderlich (south of Koblenz) and Touratech (south of Frankfurt) on route down through Germany to Garmish. Has anyone visited either establishment and are they worth the effort of a slight detour and a cup of coffee, or a waste of time?

Any other motocycle establishments worth looking out for?

Thanks

Mermoto

They will just tell you that they can't sell you anything and you must buy from the UK distributor. :D

BTW ... they may actually have a stand at the BMW thing selling stuff. :D

Went to Wunderlich last year. Helpful, enthusiastic staff and a comprehensive display of their products including quite a few bikes which have been customised by them. While there, several bikers were "test riding" various screens on their own bikes before deciding whether to buy. They did not have the "Ergo" low-seat in stock for me to try, but offered it on a sale-or-return basis. Although you can of course purchase anything in stock, they confirmed that they did not supply direct to the UK due to an agreement with the UK importers, but I sensed they were not comfortable with the price hike imposed by the latter..... I have to confess that I buy direct, as I have a german lady-friend who sees to my needs..... :D

Worth visiting both, very helpful and enthsiastic.

They will sell you all you can carry when you visit, but will not post to UK because of their distributor agreements

Prices are cheaper and they may give discount or chuck in some freebies

Both will be in attendance @ Garmisch, with a limited range of smaller items at special show prices

As said... most helpful people and they'll sell you all you can carry. Catch 'em on a good day they'll help you 'fit it' or lend you the tools. :thumb

Wunderlich N 50.32.770 E007.16.158

Touratech N 48.07.576 E008.31.923

Hotel Forsthaus in the Eifel mountains handy for Wunderlich and der Nürurgring, warm welcome, garage for the bikes etc.
N 50.23.051 E007.08.956

Enjoy..... :beerjug:

www.adventure.gs

Mad Tenor said:
I have to confess that I buy direct, as I have a german lady-friend who sees to my needs..... :D

A lady friend in Germany that sees to your needs? Oooh suits you sir! Now if you give me her address I will look in on her for you :D

Mermoto

mermoto said:
A lady friend in Germany that sees to your needs? Oooh suits you sir! Now if you give me her address I will look in on her for you :D

Mermoto

I'm afraid she's far too wunderlich to share........ :D

I'm going to be near the Black Forest in a couple of weeks and need a couple of TT bits. Can you actually go to the TT factory at Niederschach? I'm sure they used to give details of how to get there but now their website just mentions various Germans offices including one at Aachen.

Chris

Hi CJG,

You can't actually visit the factory as such, but TT also have an excellent shop as part of their facilities, including all of the bikes that you see in the catalogue on display. If there's something you specifically want, ring first to check their stock situation, but most items are available off the shelf. Opening times are on the website. Just remember that like most shops here in Germany, the Saturday opening times are limited: 10:00 to 14:00 for TT.

Let me know when you're coming - if the day/time's right, I'll join you for the ride!

Originally posted by Dave Barrett

You can't actually visit the factory as such, but TT also have an excellent shop as part of their facilities, including all of the bikes that you see in the catalogue on display. If there's something you specifically want, ring first to check their stock situation, but most items are available off the shelf. Opening times are on the website. Just remember that like most shops here in Germany, the Saturday opening times are limited: 10:00 to 14:00 for TT.

Let me know when you're coming - if the day/time's right, I'll join you for the ride!

Thanks for the info Dave. I'll give them a call to make sure they've got everything for my fix! I'm afraid I won't have the GS - just the family in the diesel estate. Two wheel riding will be limited to the push-bike. My in-laws are just over the border from Buhl so I might be going past on my way up to the Hornisgrinde (sp?) for my little Tour de France/Germany. One day I'm going to go over on the GS though to do that road across the top of the Black Forest.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom