How to bleed the brakes?

Tobers

Reaction score
Is there anything special that I need to do to bleed the brakes on my ABS-equipped GS, or is it just the normal process?

Ta

you can get instructions on brake bleedig from the IBMW site
if you cant get a vacuum bleeder try an oil squirt can with a
bit of car window washer hose on the end to back bleed the
brakes hope this helps
chas

Speedbleeders, www.speedbleeder.com.

You will need 2x 8mm for the front, 1 x 6mm for the rear and 2 x 10mm for the ABS unit, + 1 10mm for the clutch.

Part numbers are 8mm = SB8125L same as Honda
6mm = SB6100
10mm = SB1010S

These for a Sep 2002 GS with the BMW brakes, Brembo's are different. Makes the job a piece of cake and they are left in place afterwards.

HTH

Jimb said:
These for a Sep 2002 GS with the BMW brakes, Brembo's are different. Makes the job a piece of cake and they are left in place afterwards.

HTH [/B]

I dont know if its been said before ( i didnt search ) but my

Oct 02 adv has BMW on the front side and Bremo on the back

Just to make it more confusing.

I guess BMW have put thier name on the Bremos :confused:

Oct '02 will be the same as mine, the previous Brembo versions have to have a nipple installed to bleed the system then removed and a cover screw placed in it but your version has nipples already in place, just replace these with Speedbleeders and leave them in I think these are known as EVO 2 brakes.

The brake mounting bolts are also different to the Brembo version.

Thanks -another question

On the front left caliper, I've got a recognisable bleed nipple. On the right front caliper, there's a biggish chunky looking affair which is where the bleed nipple should be but isn't. Its got an allen key hole on the top.

Any idea what this is? Could it be one of these speed bleeder things?

Ta

No, thats where the bleed nipple should be, the speedbleeders look just like bleed nipples, put a speedbleeder in there and leave it in.

Re: Thanks -another question

Tobers said:
On the front left caliper, I've got a recognisable bleed nipple. On the right front caliper, there's a biggish chunky looking affair which is where the bleed nipple should be but isn't. Its got an allen key hole on the top.

Any idea what this is? Could it be one of these speed bleeder things?

Ta

It contains a non return valve and is used by BMW to fill and simplify bleeding the system in one quick go during manufacture.

Tim

Back
Top Bottom