Cat coding plug

Captain Beaky

Reaction score
Anyone know what the coding plug actually does?

What connections do what?

Thanks,

Mike.

Mike,

The coding plug allows different ignition maps to be selected. I've just had a look at mine (95 1100) and it's got a beige coding plug fitted this has two connections (30 & 87a). The coding socket has 4 sets of terminals fitted giving 16 possible combinations. I've no idea what maps actually exist in the chip but i'd like to know. I seem to recall somebody mentioning that the 1150 chip has a map for the 1100S in there.

I fitted the BBchip a few months ago, this has 8 different maps all set through the coding socket with a jumper wire.

We could do with people posting their coding plugs and connections (printed on the side of the plug) so that we can get an idea of all the variations. I'll have a look at my mates R1100S and see what plug that has fitted.

:beerjug:

While I had my seat off over the weekend I checked my plug and....

It is Yellow with pin 87 going to slot 2 and Pin 30 going to slot 6

on a 2002 1150

So what does anyone else have. If enough people post the info perhaps some technical whizz will be able to sort out the info and come uo with a solution of what plug we should all be using, or if we need one at all.:(

The adventures Low grade fuel coding plug is Gray and connects pins 30, 86 and 87 together.

Back
Top Bottom