2720 hard wire kit, please!

tiller269

I have been using my 2720 on the bike utilizing the cigarette lighter speaker plugged into an adaptor to downsize it on the bike. I am having problems with connections and have decided to hard wire it instead. The trouble is I can't seem to find one in stock and I need one before the end of the month. Does anybody know of a stockist with current stock that can help me out?

I've been looking too, everyone ive spoken to says there is a major shortage from garmin at the moment, dont know why. Blokestuff.com say they are slowly receiving stock through but that doesnt help you as they have a large amount of back orders.

Amazon may have what you are looking for under electronics (garmin holder power lead) with about 2 week delivery

Tiller, if it helps you, the motorcycle power cable is the same for all the Garmin 2xxx series GPSRs - 26xx, 27xx, 28xx and the BMW Nav II, II+, and III.

I wonder if BMW dealers carry a plain power cable with bare ends on it as a BMW part? I do know that they carry other Garmin parts, listed as BMW part numbers - but when you buy the part at the BMW dealer, it comes in a Garmin package with a Garmin part number on it.

Might be worth a look...

Michael

They might well be Garmin parts listed as BMW numbers, but they'll surely come with BMW prices!

Unfortunately, from my enquiries, if you want the BMW connector, you have to buy the BMW part - unless someone can correct me, and I'll happily be corrected on that!

B*w connection

Chisurz said:
They might well be Garmin parts listed as BMW numbers, but they'll surely come with BMW prices!

Unfortunately, from my enquiries, if you want the BMW connector, you have to buy the BMW part - unless someone can correct me, and I'll happily be corrected on that!

Nippy Normans do a connector to attach to the bare wire lead so you can power from the auxilary socket (plug in) :thumb

Motorcycle mounting kit that fits StreetPilot 2610, 2620, 2720 and 2820

These people have the mount and power cable kit in stock, they have six units left as of 11.30, this morning. They also have some good prices on Garmin 2720 at £549, which is a bit cheaper than Blokestuff etc. Hope this helps! ;)
Vehicle Technology Products,
Cavalry Hill Industrial Park, Weedon, Northants NN7 4PP
Tel: 01327 344 099 Fax: 01327 344 042 email: sales_vtp@unipart.co.uk
http://www.vehicletechnologyproducts.co.uk/
Glynne.

Glynned said:
...They also have some good prices on Garmin 2720 at £549...

Wow - that is quite a drop from where the price was a year ago.

FWIW, the 2720 is right up there with the 2820 as Garmin's top of the line automotive and motorcycle GPSR. If you don't need the Bluetooth audio and MP3 audio player features of the 2820, then by all means get a 2720 - other than the Bluetooth and MP3 audio player, there is no significant difference between either the performance or the capabilities of the 2720 and the 2820.

There are other minor differences - for example, the 2820 will record a longer track log - but these are minor, not 'killer' issues.

Michael

Back
Top Bottom