Things a visitor must see in Wales ?

Gecko

Reaction score
Greetings Welsh GSer people - me and the GS will be popping into Wales again after the hog raost like last year. Having thoroughly enjoyed touring the highways and byways last year for a week I was wondering if you local folks can suggest some things that a visitor to Wales really must see ? The only really tourist thing I did last year was the caves down near Abercrave the rest of the time I was just out riding and enjoying the secenery . Elan valley was very nice as was the run over Snowdonia but I'd be interested if there are any amusing, note worthy or fine historical places worth visiting this time round.
All suggestions welcome please :thumb

Beddgelert in North Wales. Its a pretty little village, with some history, superb roads and cracking scenery. :thumb

If you're in Cardiff, the guided tour of the Millenium Stadium is quite good, but don't know if it will "float your boat". :D

How many do you want ... no particular order ...

Carreg Cennon
Beacons
St. Davids
Gower coast
Hay-on-Wye (book shops) ... make sure to ride Hay Bluff
Strata Florida
Devils Bridge
Rhayader area
Aberaeron
*All* of mid-Wales by bike!
Llanberis pass
Dinorwig power station (Electric Mountain)
Pass of the Cross via Bala
Conwy valley
Betws-y-Coed
Cardiff (bay development, museums, etc)
Ride-out from Abergavenny

Any ideas of areas to cover ... maybe we can be more specific!!

I'll be passing through on my way to Hograost. Where can I see this Dragon then? Is it anything like the Celtic Tiger?

Taff said:
Beddgelert in North Wales. Its a pretty little village, with some history, superb roads and cracking scenery. :thumb

If you're in Cardiff, the guided tour of the Millenium Stadium is quite good, but don't know if it will "float your boat". :D

Beddgelert, make sure you go down stream to a brigde crossing (it's about 1 away from the village ) and look up stream ...great view ..you can also walk along side the river from Beddgelert and take in the views....
you wana see that river in flood...something else.. :thumb
in Beddgelert the is a famous dog b :thumb buried there :thumb

D :thumb evils bridge also bye the Elan vally.. nice ride into the vally :thumb

Excellent stuff guys - many thanks . I have some homework to do and some GPS routes to adjust to take in some of these things. :thumb

Is there a gathering at Abercrave the week starting Monday 10th July ? Might pop down and see who's in town. Good grub there last year :beerjug:

PS I think I might have met RandyMandy last year but she was going by the name Gweneth Twopenneth then and even that was too much so I'll give her a skip I think - thanks all the same :p

Gecko said:
Is there a gathering at Abercrave the week starting Monday 10th July ? Might pop down and see who's in town. Good grub there last year :beerjug:

:p

Get together planned for Thursday 13th :thumb

Gecko said:
Excellent stuff guys - many thanks . I have some homework to do and some GPS routes to adjust to take in some of these things. :thumb

I got your PM Marc, if you do come and stay I'll give you some good routes for North Wales, could even come with you :eek: :eek:

The Transporter Bridge at Newport

The transporter Bridge at Newport is a novel way of crossing the River Usk, during the summer you can walk across the top as well as using the Gondola.
If the link works here's a few photos

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transporter_bridge

The top photo is of another Bridge but the bottom one is the Newport Gondola.

And a really really must see are the NOODLE MINES at Crumlin, please say you don't know what I'm talking about or are the adverts for Pot Noodle shown all over the UK

Back
Top Bottom