NAV 2 OR RIDER ?

Pukmeister

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
At present I have the BMW Nav 2 in the BMW cradle on my R1200GS, however I have seen a mates Tom Tom Rider and I think it would suit me better. I already have TT5 on a PDA and like its user interface and 3D map view, plus I don't need the Mapsource ability to plan a route in advance. The only thing I really like about the Nav 2 is the find function for lodging, food & drink, BMW dealers etc (despite the address for Charles Hurst in Belfast being incorrect).

I am considering selling my Nav 2 and mount, car kit and carry bag etc and buying a Tom Tom Rider instead. Am I mad ???

Pukmeister said:
I am considering selling my Nav 2 and mount, car kit and carry bag etc and buying a Tom Tom Rider instead. Am I mad ???
No, you are not mad.

If you don't use all the extra features that comes with a Garmin there is no point in having them. They just make life complicated.

A simple Tom Tom Rider may be the a better solution for a rider who only rides from A to B without caring about what road he rides on.

Also - if you find yourself a TV-set with only one channel you don't have to worry about what show you prefer. Maybe there are TV-sets with only one button? ON-OFF! :thumb

find funtion = Points of interest on the rider, very usefull and lots available to download on the web

Recently spent 3 weeks in europe with the Rider, at times i was reduced to aiming at names on a blank map with the satalite compas funtion and i can confirm it is a very capable unit if you get to know it well. :beerjug:

HI puckmeister,
If you consider selling the NAV II please let me know as I am interested!

Pukmeister said:
I don't need the Mapsource ability to plan a route in advance. QUOTE]

That statement amazes me because that ALL I do.
With the steam driven SP3 that I've still got, it's so time consuming to calculate routes on the GPSR that I bought a refurbished Dell Latitude LS400 to carry around on holidays. I can plan new routes in the hotel. Reload data cards and download camera data cards. And it was cheaper than upgrading to a 2610 or summat.

Back
Top Bottom