F 650 GS Hand Guard Spoilers

Roge

Reaction score
My wife has a 650GS and would like to have spoilers on the hand guards for better weather protection. She has the BMW supplied hand guards. Touratech do spoilers for the 1100/1150 but not for the 650.

Does any one no if they available and where?

Cheers

Roger

check out these

Lisa Thomas has them fitted to her 650GS . . . hhm, look nice! IMHO the standard BMW guards on the 650GS are fairly ineffective. The Touratec/Acerbis guards do a better job.

judge said:
Have you checked with Acerbis , as they are the manufacturer of these parts, Touratech just re-badge their products.

They do more..........the acerbis bits don't always bolt straight on, the Touratech kits are always supplies with all the parts needed to fit to your bike. (if you own a R100 PD like the Judge or Boerenmotor that means no extra parts at all :p )

They work very well btw

Acerbis

I had to make spacers to fit the Acerbis guards. Just a couple of aluminium blocks with a tounge at one end and a groove at the other to move the inside ends of the guard forwards. Bracken supplied a set, but they were a little short.

Andy

just so happened to get BMW hand guards fitted to my bike today.

in the catalogue they are £25 a pair........very reasonable for BMW i thought........ nobody told me that i had to pay an extra £19.00 for the handlebar weights !!!!
they dont tell you that you need them until the instructions come out of the box. Luckily i have a friendly dealer who knocked a fiver off to keep me happy..

marion_costin said:
just so happened to get BMW hand guards fitted to my bike today.

just been on a run to Walberswick and back (about 150 miles each way) and my hands are going numb every 10-20 miles.
Has anybody else had this problem with vibration and the BMW hand guard spoilers?
Is there any antidote short of taking them off.

Going to Assen in september and i dont want to have to be waving my arms about every five minutes in a country that drives on the wrong side of the road.

my hands are going numb every 10-20 miles.

Sure you're not holding the grips too tight?

Can't see how fitting the hand guards would make it vibrate more.

Jon said:
Sure you're not holding the grips too tight?

not holding them any tighter than i did before i had them fitted and i didnt have a problem then. i have been told that they put the weights on them to stop them vibrating...
does anybody know if BMW et al. (touratech etc...) do foam grips for the 650?

Back
Top Bottom