TT Rider cradle failure - any reports ?

RAM-man

depleted member !
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've learnt of two instances of TT Rider users having problems on big engined bikes, such as a Harley 1550 and the second, a Honda Goldwing GL1800 where in one instance the TT was shaken out of of the cradle and the second; on the Goldwing, the TT cradle itself has fractured on each of *all* four pillar fixings (behind the rubber pad where the pcb laps around the each pillar).

Has anyother TT Rider GPS user(s) had the same or similar problem with the Rider cradle ?. If reported to TT, how was it handled ?, was it replaced ?, and the reaction when reporting it?.

No problem here ....................... yet?

I'm surprised that a flat six Honda vibrates sufficiently enough to keep the rider awake let alone fracture a mount :eek:

Perhaps it was dropped before the failure?

TT Rider Failure

Hi Steve funny you should post this as I am currently in my garage attempting to fault diagnoses an intermittent failure with the rider unit.

We have tested the DC to the tom-tom from the cradle unit, and it seems to be correct, the fault is simulating a power down mode then unit immediately powers back up, at this stage we are not sure whether the fault is a software problem or cradle any suggestions appreciated. Mean while can you confirm the pin configuration from left to right, 1 = DC, 2 = DC Sensor, 3 & 4 = earth, return.

Many thanks
Andy

Andy Rob said:
Hi Steve funny you should post this as I am currently in my garage attempting to fault diagnoses an intermittent failure with the rider unit.

We have tested the DC to the tom-tom from the cradle unit, and it seems to be correct, the fault is simulating a power down mode then unit immediately powers back up, at this stage we are not sure whether the fault is a software problem or cradle any suggestions appreciated.

You've not by any chance got it wired up to the accessory socket on a GS1200 have you? If you have there is a known problem - the following link should explain all...

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60254

Peter

Hi Peter,

No switched off rear brake on GSA 1150.

Thanks though.

got this exact same problem..

Andy Rob said:

We have tested the DC to the tom-tom from the cradle unit, and it seems to be correct, the fault is simulating a power down mode then unit immediately powers back up, at this stage we are not sure whether the fault is a software problem or cradle any suggestions appreciated. Mean while can you confirm the pin configuration from left to right, 1 = DC, 2 = DC Sensor, 3 & 4 = earth, return.

Many thanks
Andy

its also happened in the car, I think its vibration causing the unit to fail?

Back
Top Bottom