HP2 Large tank available?

CBI

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just curious but is a large tank available yet for the HP2?

It seems to me by reading the posts that people rate it highly and despite the 1200adv (huge) I am surprised more after market options have not followed for the HP2.

Although pricey it strikes me that you could build a touring bike/ tailormade fun machine out of a HP2 yet...

Regards

enough fuel

After 5000 kms on my HP2 in South Africa I have not yet needed a larger tank. I have sourced the underseat tank from the states but as yet haven't fitted it as I have not needed it. @ 120 - 130 kph you have a 200k range. for enduro riding 13 litres is ample the bike uses remarkably little fuel at lower revs. I carry 3 litres (45k's) in MSR bottles as a reserve and a further 5 litres for long journeys if its really needed.

The fuel capacity is fine.

Have you actually run it empty yet,if so,how far did you get before it died.I haven't run mine dry yet,but it's never near dry when the fuel light is on.

Oh,and welcome to the site :beerjug:

Vern said:
Have you actually run it empty yet,if so,how far did you get before it died.I haven't run mine dry yet,but it's never near dry when the fuel light is on.

Oh,and welcome to the site :beerjug:

I know of a guy here in Perth WA who ran his dry, 220/230 kms as i recall.
Ed

Fuel Range Yes

From Perth Oz you will get 250Ks & then you are walking!

I have made a set of neet side cover tanks that will will take my HP2 to about 430Ks.

I will post some photos shortly.

Hendo :cool:

wings said:
After 5000 kms on my HP2 in South Africa I have not yet needed a larger tank. I have sourced the underseat tank from the states but as yet haven't fitted it as I have not needed it. @ 120 - 130 kph you have a 200k range. for enduro riding 13 litres is ample the bike uses remarkably little fuel at lower revs. I carry 3 litres (45k's) in MSR bottles as a reserve and a further 5 litres for long journeys if its really needed.

The fuel capacity is fine.

Any info of where you got your underseat tank from will be greatly appreciated. I wouldn't mind something like that myself... :thumb

A 100 miles is the most I've done before bottling it and filling up again

Still running in, but did 135 miles (with just 6 miles left on 'range') and only got 10.5l in the tank.

Hi Mike,

I'm having a good think about making a couple of side tanks for mine.Where have you mounted them,front or rear?I was thinking of having them rear mounted,so they could be quickly removed/fitted when you need the extra range.I can't see too much of a problem with the mounting,but the plumbing might need a bit of lateral thinking.

Extra 9.6 Lt.

These are the fuel tanks that have taken 4 & a 1/2 months out of my spare time (Riding Time!).

But they work well! :thumb

Mike Hendo said:
These are the fuel tanks that have taken 4 & a 1/2 months out of my spare time (Riding Time!).

Hope they work better than your image posting technique. :rolleyes: :D

Mike Hendo said:

Don't mind him, have another go at the pics. :thumb

I got tipped off by an 'in the know' person at the Hograost that some sort of L.R. tank was being developed in South Africa for reasonable money.
Have Pmed him for more info but maybe you lot know better?

Would be interesting to know who in South Africa. I did not know there is places in South Africa that develope these kind of equipment.We normally use these, they just cost about 1pound.
42166387-L.jpg

HP2 Side Tsnks

I am sorry I don't have the option on this forum to post photos :(
I have sent a mesage to the web master to have this fixed, but no help as yet.
I am thinking of another way to view the photos, I will be back!

Back
Top Bottom