RAM mounts etc

Spikehammer

Reaction score
I want to mount the following on my 05' GSA 1150 (std screen with bar risers)

1: Garmin Nuvi
2: Nokia mobile
3: 60Gb iPod

All will connect to an Autocom.

I'd like the neatest solution possible.

Would a Migsel 'clock surround' mount with a small cross bar work?

Wheres the best place to get all the wiring done for this kit and the Autocom? I'm based in Leicester.

Spikehammer said:
I want to mount the following on my 05' GSA 1150 (std screen with bar risers)

1: Garmin Nuvi
2: Nokia mobile
3: 60Gb iPod

All will connect to an Autocom. I'd like the neatest solution possible.
Would a Migsel 'clock surround' mount with a small cross bar work?

I will chat with Migs later, as the weight onto the speedo clock may be too much as we looked at this last year with a RAM-B-111B bracket... but a year on there is RAP-333 which is a triple adaptor plate (just in from US) which should allow RAP-333 + RAM-HOL-GA21 + RAM-HOL-UN1 (?) + RAM-HOL-AP1 with a short arm (RAM-B-201-A) and the Migsel bracket. At this point, I must stress - its untried. Otherwise I think it maybe a RAM-B-149Z-Q1 or with short arm, RAM-B-149ZA-Q1 onto the handlebars plus RAP-333 set up.

Thanks.

Just had a look at the RAP-333U and that looks just the job. Can I buy just the cradles without all the other bits?

Had chat over Orange Juice with Migsel, and agree not put load the more than SPIII weight and use short arm with speedo bracket.

RAM-man said:
Had chat over Orange Juice with Migsel ....

It had a long day even before Migsel arrived :dabone ... and now with a caffeine kick .. I had tried by eco-word saving edit, as were told to save on every feck thing else :D

Its suggested that you do not attach anything greater than the weight equivalent of the SPIII onto the speedo bracket and use a short arm, RAM-B-201-A. The RAP-333 does offer a means to attach up to 3 lightweight devices, side, by side, on the same mount plate.

Spikehammer said:
I'd like the neatest solution possible.

R1150 GS (Adventure) RAM Ball Install

It couldn't have placed my Garmin 60 Cx in a better position. I don't have a pic of it mounted, but it places the Garmin in line with the left windshield support, just to the left of the Rider Information Display. Of course, your multi-component setup may have other requirements.

:D Don't think I'd mount the phone or i-pod externally - inside the tankbag would be my choice.

As to the mount for the Nuvi (just bought one for a relative for his car - nice unit) - if it isn't waterproof, I'd be looking to get it right up under the screen on a GS - out the rain.

Have a look at Motorrad Concepts

I've a 2610, but will wait for Garmin to change the name of the new "Zumi" before buying (who thought that one up??)

Al

Back
Top Bottom