Mountain Tool

Blue Sweeper

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I took my HP2 with street wheels fitted to the Alps last week.

Right choice! :thumb Not one single bike got past me on the mountain passes. Even the mad Italians on rice rockets or Ducati, some tried but failed. I whipped the lot of them, every bike that I came up to was soon passed. The HP2 was the mountain tool for the job, wow! Timmelsjoch, Stelvio, Furka, Grimsel etc. etc. all conquered.

CIMG0152.jpg

CIMG0160.jpg

:bounce1

Hi Blue sweeper, sounds like you had a hoot :D
Did you B&B as there isnt much kit on the bike? What was the long distance road work like? Thanks

Mermoto

mermoto said:
Hi Blue sweeper, sounds like you had a hoot :D
Did you B&B as there isnt much kit on the bike? What was the long distance road work like? Thanks

Mermoto

Yep, every night there was a hotel for me. :)

In the large tailpack there is another 10ltr of fuel in case I ran out in the middle of knowhere (as I did twice) 125 miles max range per tank and I wasn't hanging around. :thumb

Looks fun Roy

Reminds me of the Tiz n Test! :D Now you have the tail pack and fuel tank the world is your lobster.

Jim :rob

earthmover said:
And on the motorways?
Mark

Why would anyone even consider motorways if they were on a bike like that ? :nenau

Good stuff,Blue Sweeper......sounds a hoot :clap

earthmover said:
And on the motorways?
Mark

What motorways? Oh do you mean straight roads?

Had a quick blast (on the AutoBahn) ;) on a straight bit, 141MPH indicated - 136 according to the GPS :thumb

BTW, for sale - fairly new Continental Road Attack tyres, would suit rider that likes to potter around as there is loads of tread left in the middle. Worn down on both edges though :rolleyes:

Blue Sweeper said:

Had a quick blast (on the AutoBahn) ;) on a straight bit, 141MPH indicated - 136 according to the GPS :thumb

I didn't think they were that quick top end :eek:

Blue Sweeper said:

I bet it was a quick blast having to hang on with that tiny screen!

jealous

Man you should have yelled, I would have joined you on my HP2.
Aint got the road wheels yet though, so I'd have to cut those corners and go straight up the hill! :) :) :beerjug:

btw where are you based?
(Im still on holiday)

Blue Sweeper said:

BTW, for sale - fairly new Continental Road Attack tyres, would suit rider that likes to potter around as there is loads of tread left in the middle. Worn down on both edges though :rolleyes:

I only asked because to get to the ferry, I have to do a couple of hundred motorway miles, so unless you trailered it over, I was asking how comfortable it was.
Only a daft idea, I love my 1200, but lust after a HP2, and wondered if it could be the ultimate do anything tool.
Pillion comfort looks to be something of an issue though!

HP2 not for Touring

IMHO if you wat to do serious touring with or withut pillion (don't forget the max all-up weight is quite low) the HP2 is not the tool for the job. Without a screen steady 80-90 mph becomes a real drag. But if you limit yourself to 250 miles (maybe 300) a day and enjoy the twisty stuff the HP2 is a cracking machine. Keep it in the power band on the way out of corners ad you'll be grining from ear to ear.

I regularly ride from Guildford to Colyford (and back) in Devon and deliberately stay off the motorways (big dual carridgeways). Its about 130-140 miles one-way depending on that days route and I feel as fresh as a daisy at the end of it so I'd have no issues in setting 250 miles as a days goal. One other plus point is that the tank limit is about 110-130 miles (less if you're cracking on) so you get pretty regular breaks anyway ;)

Back
Top Bottom