Reaction score
81769758-L.jpg

oops!

81769759-L.jpg

Futures Bright...........

81769760-L.jpg

Nuff said

:popcorn

And looking at the colours of the riders clothes it looks like the KTM rider made a hash of riding the HP2 whilst the BM rider is a riding god ;)

Note also that the HP2 rider got to the top and had time to dismount and prepare his camera before the Kadoom got within photo range :D :D

Spoke to Simon Pavey (biased perhaps) and Jonty Edmunds (for an unbiased view) this weekend. Both said that the KTM is too fat and wide where you don't want it to be and too top heavy, also where you don't want it.

But the KTM is 3 grand cheaper. :rolleyes:

Would be interesting to see how they both compare other than in a "faked" situations as above. ;)

I sat on the KTM950R yesterday at Premier Bikes Didcot. I say sat, what I actually mean is, I had my left foot on the ground while my right foot was trying to locate the right hand foot peg :eek:

Too say that it is tall is an understatement. They have two allocated to them untill the end of 06 and they are both now in stock and for sale :thumb

After analyzing the "facts", this is what appeared to be happened:

KTM rider (Orange clothed) tried to handle the HP2, but couldn't due to its immensive power....

...then BMW rider (in BLUE...) showed Ktm's how it should be done

:D :D :D :D

Pavey and Edmunds

To be fair, both are paid by BM so what would you expect them to say???
You should have heard their "off the record" remarks about the 1200GS they used as Company Bikes in Wales...
The HP2 is an awesome piece of kit and expensive to boot, also grossly overspecced for the vast majority of tyrekickers on this particular forum :cool:
The KTM is like most of the companys output a very cool racing tool :thumb
Both are out of your reach lads!
Pat.

Pat Creagh said:
To be fair, both are paid by BM so what would you expect them to say???
You should have heard their "off the record" remarks about the 1200GS they used as Company Bikes in Wales...
The HP2 is an awesome piece of kit and expensive to boot, also grossly overspecced for the vast majority of tyrekickers on this particular forum :cool:
The KTM is like most of the companys output a very cool racing tool :thumb
Both are out of your reach lads!
Pat.

Come on then Pat, don't leave it hanging there, what DID they say :nenau ?? will accept a PM and wont tell a soul!!! :D :D

Super Enduro vs. HP2 vs 1200 GS Adventure

I really like the HP2. Superb bike. Unfortunately, a wee bit expensive for my wallet. I also fancy the 1200 GS Adventure, but again, a bit pricy, but I may have been able to swing it. Then I looked at my personal situation at this point in time. I am not in the position for touring because of various comitments. So, for now, I got the Super Enduro, and I am pretty happy with it. In a couple of years, I will probably add the 1200 GSA to my garage for touring. For now, I am playing about on the 950 SE. If you would like to see some pics of it, and where I go riding, take a look at this thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150645.

Cheers,
Kev.

Kev (AlpineAdventure) said:
I really like the HP2. Superb bike. Unfortunately, a wee bit expensive for my wallet. I also fancy the 1200 GS Adventure, but again, a bit pricy, but I may have been able to swing it. Then I looked at my personal situation at this point in time. I am not in the position for touring because of various comitments. So, for now, I got the Super Enduro, and I am pretty happy with it. In a couple of years, I will probably add the 1200 GSA to my garage for touring. For now, I am playing about on the 950 SE. If you would like to see some pics of it, and where I go riding, take a look at this thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150645.

Cheers,
Kev.

Great looking bike! Nice piccies too :thumb

Back
Top Bottom