Stella Alpina

Stelvio and Stella Alpina

Yo Pierre,
I hope to make the trip over to N.Italy this summer and attend both rallies- Stelvio 3/4/5th July, Stella 12th July. Will spend the week between hooning through the Dolomites and Alps with a quick visit to a friend in Switzerland.
I say hope, as up to now this year hasn't gone as planned and i still have to persuade an unwilling supervisor to let me have 13 working days off.
Here's hoping.
HENRY

Pierre, Henry,

I won't be at the Stella, I hope to be in Finland by then.
But I'm planning to go to the Stelvio Rally with a group of MTC Holland members...
Our plan is go to Switserland on thursday and camp in Buchs near the border with Liechtenstein, and spend friday riding
some passes towards the Stelvio. On sunday I'll have to go back
in 1 day, the rest of the group is planning a more-day trip back
home, camping in Switserland and the Black Forrest in Germany.
Would be nice to meet you there!

Greetings,

Henry, I am planning to go to the Stella Rally, Let me know if your trip works out, it would be good to meet up there! I took part in a 3 day Enduro course at Hechlingen BMW Enduro Park a few weeks ago and am itching to give it a go! I am lucky enough to work/live part time on Lake Constance (Bodensee) so it is not too far for me to travel for the weekend, will probably stay in Turin on the Friday night, ride a few passes on the Saturday and ride the Stella on Sunday. Pierre (Australian not French by the way, just happens that in offices where I have worked people end up calling me Pierre!)

This years extravaganza in Europe

Well i've managed to wrestle the time needed for this sojourn and am off from Wed 2nd July till Sunday 20th July inc. Ive two plans-
1/ Boogie to Italy for the Stelvio 4/5/6th July. Mess about in the Dolomites and Alps working slowly west for the Stella on 12th July. Then spend a few days relaxing in the Loire valley before heading home and catching an English rally somewhere on my last weekend.
2/Blast to Czech Republic for the last weekend of the Phoenix Rally. following straight on to the Int 4-Stroke Rally and try to find a rally in Poland for the next weekend. Dick about for the rest of the week ending up again at an English Rally on my last weekend.
The adoption of whichever plan is basically weather driven so will know nearer the time. Would love to meet up with Zwerver and Pierre for an orange juice if i do the Italian Job.
HENRY
P.S. Please Lord, find it in your infinate wisdom to grant this small request

Stelvio and Stella Alpina 2003

I must admit things are beginning to look frighteningly good for this trip.
The holidays are secured, my bags are in the process of being packed, my bike is ready after a rebuild of the back end, and i am bloody chomping at the bit.
I intend to leave here Tuesday sometime. Cross Wednesday morning and "make progress" into continental europe. Obviously Thurs is head down arse up, and i'll hopefully arrive at the Stelvio Friday early afternoon.
Zwerver, do you still intend to do the Stelvio and would you like to meet up for a drink sometime during the weekend? I'll be well up for it.
I'll play around the Dolomites for a few days before wandering west to the Stella, where hopfully Pierre will be in attendance. Same script Pierre, and anyone else who is up for a quiet evening drink sometime over the weekend.
Probably Tues move on up toward the Loire valley for a day or twos relaxation- and then make a break for Blighty and my 3rd motorcycle rally of the trip.
I am really looking forward to the trip, especially the trip down riding by myself- my pace- not having to sweat after 100 miles for petrol cos my bike is wholly unsuitable for the trip- not having to stop cos my mates are gasping for a fag, meeting new and old friends, getting some miles on the bike, and partaking of a few half decent reds without having to pay the Earth ( any recommendations would be heartily welcomed).
To those who will be there i look forward to seeing you. to those who won't i already feel sorry for you.
HENRY

Henry,

We will be at the Stelvio-rally with group of Dutch and Belgian gs'ers, and if there's place availlable, we will be camping on the official camping place nextto the rally ground.
So even with a couple of thousands of Italians you should be able to find us for a drink!

Thursday we meet up on a camping place near Freudenstadt in the Black Forrest, and friday we will be travelling through
Switserland, FLuella - Fuorno - Umbrail - Stelvio to Sondalo...

Have a good and save ride !

Back
Top Bottom