Getting one

evenflow

Reaction score
Hello newbie here. Finally signed on the dotted line and trading in my viffer800..picking up the graphite grey gs (brand spanker) this saturday..see u out andabout sometime.

Did just the same swap a couple of years ago, VFR800 for a standard 1150. Best move i ever made.
You'll not regret it, either of yer.
You'll be getting a Touratech catalogue next and then the big money starts to be spent............
Get yer names down for the Kelso event, even just for the public day, Sunday, great atmosphere, small and close enough to the lovely town of Kelso to stroll in for an evening beer session
Enjoy the bank hol weekend

Evenflow:

Whereabouts in Cumbria ? . . . you lucky b*****d.

Carlisle...spitting distance of the lakes, Hartside, Kielder in Northumbria..and most of SCotland and Nyorkshire..happy trails:D

just sold my vtec for a gs best thing i ever did.

trust me you will love it much more fun, trouble is cant stop riding it.

Well finally picked it up today, graphitian, didnt like the red graphics on the black one...road home 60 miles in torrential rain quite happy.
Will post a piccie when i get all the shit off it.. be going out tmorrow probably kendall way and back by broughton in furnace..dont care what the weathers doing.:D :D :D

Ordered mine yesterday :D Only thing is I now have to wait until 1st September:(
Have ordered ABS, heated grips and a sports 6th gear, in Black with a red seat and black engine.

:bounce1

Don't forget the hogroast in July evenflow (arethenamesgettingweirderorwhat?)

Spookily, it reminds me of when I started as a contractor I was offered Evenglow Ltd as an off the shelf name. I chose Visionquest Ltd.

Cheers

Dick

evenflow said:
Kelso event? When where?
Do u mean bmf?

I think Dave means the Scottish equivalent of the BMF - it is supposed to be really good...

It's arrived

Picked it up Saturday from Balderstones, seem a good crew so far but we'll see what there warranty and servicing are like.

Talking of warranty the RHS exhaust header chrome had bubbled by the time i'd got it home (20 miles). Bit disappointed considering I PAID for quality product. Did here that this is now a more common problem due to the process used and that some have been offered SS headers. Any news???

Anyone out there got any suspension setup recommendations (I know it's weight related but any experience will be welcome).

Whats the best screen mod, at 6' I wouldn't mind getting out of that buffeting, although it's not that bad.

Thanks to the boys at the BMF for convincing me.

Called into Local Dealer to arrange 1st MOT for my R1150GS and ended up buying Full Spec GSA. Take Delivery 11th June, it's already in Showroom. What's general opinion, are GSA's better or just different?

Attachments

• mygsa.jpg
    mygsa.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 295
Metal Man said:
Called into Local Dealer to arrange 1st MOT for my R1150GS and ended up buying Full Spec GSA. Take Delivery 11th June, it's already in Showroom. What's general opinion, are GSA's better or just different?

Much better - but apparently not nearly as good as the salesman in your local dealer :yelrotflm

Mike

Adventure....

I've had my Adv for 9wks now, heated grips and Remus Rev + y piece only extras on it..(at the moment!!!)..and i can't stay off it !!! Swapped it for a Viffer..which is not a bad bike at all...but would'nt swap the Beemer for anything.

Swapped the yellow graphics on the tank and grab rail for the red off the Ali white...Sorry no pics available at the mo..but coupled with a black seat looks the nuts!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

'Appy Ridin'

Metalman - that piccie looks just like the GS I'm getting :) :)
I've been into the dealers today, and my delivery date has come forward a few weeks:D so I should be able to collect it immediately after I return from my trip to Germany with the Honda VFR Club on 1 July. Can't wait! By the way, if anyone is looking for a standard GS, Mill BMW have a yellow one and a Blue/white one in stock at the mo - they've just been delivered.
Regards,
Charles

Mike O said:
Much better - but apparently not nearly as good as the salesman in your local dealer :yelrotflm

Nice one Mike O, My sense of humour :D

crvfr Mines the GSA at Mill, PM when yours arrives and maybe we can arrange run?

Back
Top Bottom