Conversion from .gdb to .csv

Andy Davies

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a quick way to convert a Garmin waypoint database to a .csv file without having to enter each point by hand?

I just fancy having a list of POIs rather than waypoints.

Mr Whatton?

Cheers

Andy

Download POIedit :thumb

Click on tools, select batch convert.

Select the .gbd in the left window and .csv in the right window and then click on the file on the left you want to convert then press the convert button.

The new .csv file will appear the folder :thumb

I'm giving away my dark art secrets here ;)

Attachments

• ScreenShot017.jpg
    ScreenShot017.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 2,418
Whatton said:
Download POIedit :thumb

Click on tools, select batch convert.

Select the .gbd in the left window and .csv in the right window and then click on the file on the left you want to convert then press the convert button.

The new .csv file will appear the folder :thumb

I'm giving away my dark art secrets here ;)

What can I say? :thumb

Andy

Who can help me out.

I got the latest of all software versions.
Got me a load of .gdb files from Whatton's Waypoints thread and want to convert these.

When starting the Batch converter of POIEdit, it won't work. It's telling me all the .gdb files are no good.

The Batch converter screen looks a little different too. Did anything changed into a f***up version???

206565243-M.jpg

I found my answer.

It's not working anymore! Eiter a POI edit or Mapsource conversion has done it...

If you save a .gdb file as .gpx however, POI loader can still read it. So that's the work arround

I found my answer.

It's not working anymore! Eiter a POI edit or Mapsource conversion has done it...

If you save a .gdb file as .gpx however, POI loader can still read it. So that's the work arround
Either that or try saving as V2 GDB files using the save as Command. The newer versions of Mapsource save as V3. ITN converter was choking on these until I found that option.

Back
Top Bottom