Cheapo camping in France info

bmwdumptruck

Hi Guys

A mate of mine is looking to take his lad to France in a few weeks time, but needs to make the Euros stretch as far as possible.

He's hoping to use a tent, and make his way from Boulogne down to the Normandy Brittany area, possibly on towards the West coast area around Carnac etc.

The main question is does he have to pitch his tent on proper camp sites? or can he just find a quite spot at the side of the road?

If proper sites is the only way, where can we find a good list of those available. I know there are Municipal camp sites in a lot of french towns, but where can we find out about them beforehand?

Cheers
Hugh.

Sacre bleu

'wild' camping in France is illiegal in lots of areas. Municpal campsites are cheap and often cheerful. Even the ptivate sites are cheap enough. Website we always use is http://www.campingfrance.com/. They've got great coverage, and plenty choice.

Bon voyage.../Rob

Campsites in France

Hi mate,

Check out www.alanrogers.com for some good campsites in France and around Europe. I have used them quite a few times and found the write-ups to be very honest. They also do a book version so check it out next time you are in WHS or Borders etc (or the library!)

Some of these campsites are good too www.les-castels.com

Alot of the campsite cater for kids and families etc by having swimming pools & water slides etc so not sure if thats your thing. These sites also get very busy in the summer so might be best to either go for the quieter sites or book ahead via email etc.

Anyway have fun!
Gazzr

Back
Top Bottom