Question re: Baglux tank cover

retroman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just bought a Bagster tank cover and Alpha bag - well impressed, good bits of kit.

Every time I've been out tho its been chucking it down and water has got between the tank and cover, causing the transparent circular bit over the B*W badge to mist up.

Baglux recommend taking the cover off to dry out but this is a tedious and time consuming job. What do other users do? I'm tempted just to say sod it and leave the thing on, hoping the airstream will dry it out next time I'm out.

Any thoughts?

Mark Rodgers said:
The only thing I am not impressed with is the 'parachute' effect when on the move caused by the gap in the cover facing into the airstream. Makes mine billow out and can't do the aerodynamics much cop. Anyone got a fix for this?

How about a small webbing strap with a soft plastic buckle to either go over or around the tank bag and cover?

..........or a bungee, if you're not fussy????

'say sod it and leave the thing on' - that's what I do - take it off every month and clean it/wax the tank at the same time.

Leave it on - it's not hurting at all,it'll dry of it's own accord.
What would you do if you were touring and it rained every day,you couldn't take it on and off all the time..............!!!!!!!!!

...EXACTLY!!!

JohnnyBoxer said:
Leave it on - it's not hurting at all,it'll dry of it's own accord.
What would you do if you were touring and it rained every day,you couldn't take it on and off all the time..............!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Johnny ...
... that's all the justification I need for my 'idle sod's charter'

:beerjug:

"causing the transparent circular bit over the B*W badge to mist up."

Why not cut the transparent curcular bit out?? End of problem!!

CC :(

:cool:

coolcarbon said:
"causing the transparent circular bit over the B*W badge to mist up."

Why not cut the transparent curcular bit out?? End of problem!!

CC :(

:cool:

That would solve the misting problem, but even more water would get in then between the cover and tank and be trapped there ... possible corrosion probs for the future?

Plus it would look shit:eek:

Back
Top Bottom