somebody tell me what all this does

cookie

Stay Frosty
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
please

spotted at this years coupe moto legende meet at dijon

outfiton1.jpg

not bothered what the bike is, i think it is swiss. i want to know what all those cables do

barsqp8.jpg

twistvx2.jpg

in particular, i'm interested in what people think this pump? thing does.

pumprw0.jpg

i looked it over for a bit & couldn't figure it out & i didn't see the owner luking so i couldn't ask him. been bothering me ever since.

Multiple redundant abs system :D

One fails, you've got another 12 to fall back on :thumb

The pump thing could be some sort of auxilliary fuel tank transfer pump?????

There's a relay in the bottom roght corner of the area in the pic and a switch.....the red cap on the cylinder looks like a filler of some sort???

:nenau

Judging by the footrest / footboard things, I'd guess that the rider is paraplegic and that the cables are from hand controls for brakes and gearchange. I suspect that the pump offers some kind of servo assistance.

Schtum said:
Judging by the footrest / footboard things, I'd guess that the rider is paraplegic and that the cables are from hand controls for brakes and gearchange. I suspect that the pump offers some kind of servo assistance.

good call, i hadn't realized the significance of the sunken footboards. no pedals either now i look (i have a pic of the LHS as well).

5 cables coming from the front brake though? at least i assume it's a front brake.

cookie said:
5 cables coming from the front brake though? at least i assume it's a front brake.
The front brake looks like it might be a double sided TLS jobbie, so that would need two cables. Then there could be one to the rear brake and one to the sidecar brake.....possibly.... :nenau

Interesting that the sidecar is on the left, especially if it was Swiss registered.

combo

Hi the 4 brake cables could be 2 for double sided front brake , one for the rear brake and one for the sidecar brake as for the rest who knows
Hovis :beerjug:

Judging by the hoooooge bar-ends, I'd guess the rider has severely limited strength in anything that they can move, hence servo-assisted everything.

They're reduction cables for the brakes I think,I saw a similar set up on a dutch Vincent racer last year.Not sure what the stray couple on the L/H bar are for though.Maybe clutch/neutral and clutch/first gear selection for getting away.

Some of the disabled riders come up with some really weird and wonderful inventions.I've worked on quite a few trikes for people,and am still amazed at what they come up with.

Brilliant I think :thumb

-Why didn't you just ask the lady in the chair next to the blue car? :confused:
Or would that make it too easy for you? ;)
Never ask someone who sit at the ''throne'' when they pee... :D

:) Liv.

Yup!

Davel said:

Mias oui mon ami!!!
Just like the one on my GS!!
0-60 2.8
0-180 9.2 secs ;)
Who says GS's are sluggish?? :D

Back
Top Bottom