2610 on a 1150GS

stolzy

Wow this is complicated. So I got a deal on 2610 (£299) and ordered a migelsel 'gps mount' for an 1150GS. Turns out that it doesn't mount the gps to a gs at all and I need at least two more parts - a mounting bracket for the gps and some kind of stick with a ball on top (RAM) to join the two.

Q1 - I presume the bracket/cradle that comes with the garmin motorcycle mounting kit will suffice? This also gets me the audio/power cable which I also need (having naively assumed that the 2610 would come with a din audio out - why not Mt Gamin?). Seems I also need a shockingly expensive isolated audio cable as well - is there no end to the paying?

Q2 - What RAM part do I need?

stolzy said:
Q2 - What RAM part do I need?

If you're using the Garmin cradle, you'll need the RAM round base, RAM-B-202

If you're using the RAM cradle, you'll need the RAM diamond base, RAM-B-238

In either case, you'll also need RAM short arm RAM-B-201-A to mate with the MiGSel mount.

Steve said:
If you're using the Garmin cradle 010-10495-00, you'll need the RAM round base, RAM-B-202 to attache to their cradle, power/audio cable included.

If you're using the RAM cradle (RAM-HOL-GA9), you'll need the RAM diamond base, RAM-B-238 and power audio lead 010-10495-02

In either case, you'll also need RAM short arm RAM-B-201-A to mate with the MiGSel mount.

Steve ,
Thanks for answering whilst I took a few days hols.. :D I have added into your comments.

If you're using the Garmin cradle 010-10495-00, you'll need the RAM round base, RAM-B-202 to attache to their cradle, power/audio cable included.

If you're using the RAM cradle (RAM-HOL-GA9), you'll need the RAM diamond base, RAM-B-238 and power audio lead 010-10495-02

I ordered this lot and a 2610 from Blokesstuff on Saturday. All arrived today except the MIGSEL mount but I am certain it will be here tomorrow. They told me it was being posted Monday by e-mail. You probably need to order one more thing that is a 2.5mm to 3.5mm jack so you can plug in a mono ear phone and then a "ground loop isolator" from Maplins to stop the damn thing humming at you

wildbeeste said:
You probably need to order one more thing that is a 2.5mm to 3.5mm jack so you can plug in a mono ear phone

..or cut off the apparently-unreliable 2.5mm socket and hard wire it.

New to the block needs assistance with mounting a 2610

Hi, as a new old fella on the block I wonder if someone might be able to offer me the best advice as to how to mount my newly acquired (Second hand) Garmin 2610 onto my R1150GS. I have purchased the mounting kit from Garmin and now am looking into a RAM system for mounting the lot onto the bike. I feel this will be the easy bit but wonder if there was a better way.

Also I am concerned to read that others have experiences background noise and fitted a "ground loop isolator" (whatever one of those is). Firstly what is one and how do I fit it - in fact how do I do the whole job. Should I take the whole bundle to my nearest BMW dealer and ask them to fit it or can someone offer definitive advice?

Your advice will very welcome here.

Regards.
P

Back
Top Bottom