Nice wee run today

Scottch

Had a great run today!

Went across to Strontian, up to Lochailort, back to Fort Bill, then up to Spean Bridge, around Laggan, over to Dalwhinnie and down the A9 to Perth and home.

On the road back to Fort Bill we came across an sore looking RTA. Just as an R6 rider crested a hill he was confronted by a Focus C-Max seemingly parked across the middle of the road while making a 'U' turn :eek:

Wasn't much the poor fella could do. Looked like he skelped the front wheel of the car with his head too and his chin bar was well wrecked.

By the time we got there he was conscious and lying at the scene waiting for the ambulance. Seemed chatty enough too, we stopped and offered any help we could but it was apparent that there was already enough people on hand, including a Policeman.

I had our Tanya (daughter) on the back and she had been complaining for a bit being hungry and a bit sore after the miles we had covered.

We had planned to stop at the restaurant at Resipole Farm Campsite, but found this to be closed down.

I remembered that there was a place in Caol that I had read good things about!

I've got to say, if you're up that way for a run - it's really worth the effort to find The Lochy! The staff were really friendly and helpful, and the food was excellent :thumb Well done GC!! I shall return for sure ;)

All in we covered 300+ miles today, Tanya is cream crackered and still a bit numb - but she's hungry again!

Anyone for a jaunt next weekend?

hello there i may have been on the corran ferry with you i was riding the red gs1100 my mate a blue r1150 r and two on ktms .Behind you on glencoe to ferry .Some bit of road from ferry to strontian .We cut off to Ardamuchan point brilliant day out .Where you riding i think a red gs 1200 cheers big jets

Ah ! I did wonder who it was that had called in while I was away having fun in Skye. Glad you enjoyed it. thanks for the recommendation.
Did the girls ask if you were a Tosser ? :D
That’s a nice wee run you had there.
I hope the guy on the R6 was ok.

Did you meet another 1200 rider ? Russell, he called in on Saturday as well.
Russell, hope the trail went ok, give me a shout about the PWaR if you need any more info.
Cheers
Gordon

bigjets@fslife.co.uk said:
hello there i may have been on the corran ferry with you i was riding the red gs1100 my mate a blue r1150 r and two on ktms .Behind you on glencoe to ferry .Some bit of road from ferry to strontian .We cut off to Ardamuchan point brilliant day out .Where you riding i think a red gs 1200 cheers big jets

Just noticed your reply - sorry!

Yep that was us on the ferry - it was a great day eh :thumb

G.C. said:
Ah ! I did wonder who it was that had called in while I was away having fun in Skye. Glad you enjoyed it. thanks for the recommendation.
Did the girls ask if you were a Tosser ? :D
That’s a nice wee run you had there.
I hope the guy on the R6 was ok.

Did you meet another 1200 rider ? Russell, he called in on Saturday as well.
Russell, hope the trail went ok, give me a shout about the PWaR if you need any more info.
Cheers
Gordon

Gordon,

Can't speak highly enough of the food or the service - top marks all round mate :clap

Will defo stop in the next time I'm up there again.

Nobody asked if I was a tosser though - maybe it's that obvious they don't need to.

Never bumped into Russell, but we did see a load of GS' that day.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom