Bike trailers

I've not used those at all,but I've got an Ifor Williams 8x4 plant trailer that I use for shifting bikes about.It might be overkill,but years ago,we had 3 Bultacos written off when a car hit us from behind and got on the trailer with the bikes.Very messy indeed.If someone hits the back of this thing,they aren't going to trash the bike and I use it for loads of other things as well.With a bike trailer,the bikes are very vunrable,and that's about all you can use them for.

Just my 2p worth :beerjug:

KLIPONOFF the best I've seen!

Vern having done competetive trials for a few years the best bike trailers I have seen were KLIPONOFF. I cant find a webby for them at the mo, but they were well designed and very well made.

Most of the others are much of a muchness.... Can be hard work to get the bike on and off but once on are very stable. Pays your money and takes your choice. I had a steel U tube type.
Very stable whilst being towed but a major PITA oiking teh bike on and off it.

Bob.

I've got a Bikelug T300c (the c is for collapsible)

I got it from the factory this week, fully reconditioned, for £380 inc spare wheel...that was 30 quid more than it would have been normally but I had to get next day delivery before 9am to do a specific and time critical job.....

It's a nice unit....came with four tiedown ratchets free.

Easy to rig up, feels nice and sturdy apart from the silly plate steel ramp thing that buckled on first use....the trailer's got a breaking neck though which was handy....latch it onto the car, pull the pins and angle the deck down....even without the silly ramp, it went up easily.

One man operation was difficult..as it was my first attempt I bottled out and grabbed a passing builder to help, but with a strap adjusted to length to hook on one handed, it could be done..it's something I've got to practice in the next week or two.

I did manage to unload it on my own though, so the principle's the same:thumb

It was nice and stable behind the car on the motorway, even with my 1150Adv on board.....it's rated to 350kg IIRC...If it was legal to do 70 whilst towing I'd say it was very stable at that speed but obviously it's not, so I won't say it ;)

Oh yeah, and the company were good to deal with :thumb

HTH

PS I searched for bloody hours to find foldaway trailers..there only seem to be two established makes, the Bikelug and the Foldaway range ...both have several models but TBH, unless you really need the foldaway function, it might be worth sticking to the far more available and much cheaper rigid trailers, and dismantle them in between use...quite a few of them will stand on their ends so they can bee stood up against a garage wall .

HTH

Back
Top Bottom