Baglux/bagster bags: Which one?

Warthog

Reaction score
Reliving bike trips whilst sat at my desk....
I'm sure many of you have the old baglux tank cover. So what bag do you have to go with it?

I'm thinking about getting a new one as a replacement for the very practical but slightly small 15ltr Shibuya bag. What worries me is the bags interfering with the quite extensive handlebar movement on the 1150gs. The switch gear already just nudges the narrow Shibuya. I also want to be able to see the clocks and at 5'10" that means a bag height of 25cm approx. I also want the bag to be a useable rucksack which they often are...

I'm considering the Alpha, Athena or Tektra bags that are 20-30, 15-30 and 15-30 ltrs respectively.

Any experience with these? Any recommendations?

I have the Athena in Blue which is 4000 miles old used on 1 trip, it's going cheap. Good bag but a little on the large side on the 1200 with raisers and set-backs.
Lyn.

Again , i use the Alpha tank bag, loads of room for loads of stuff
Gortex liner
Four plug charger
Two way radio
Iriver
Cam
Phone
Document book (passport, Wallet, driving docs, money)
maps
with room for loads more :thumb

cookie said:
i use an alpha on my 1150 without problems.

Ditto. I bought a black Alpha in 1996 and have used it on 3 bikes since then. I like the adjustable webbing straps which allow you to tailor it to different fitments. Handy if you have more than one bike or know you will change bikes eventually.

Back
Top Bottom