MCN Williams BMW...

Pipster

Reaction score
How about a bit of support for our local dealer and sponsor. Those W**kers :tosser at Mcn are bad mouthing Williams again.

Read articles in this and last weeks MCN to do with rear wheels falling off BMW's that have been serviced there.. personally I don't agree with this type of journalism. This sensationalist syle of writing doesn't give the dealer the right of reply and therefore isnt fair.

MCN don't think through the repercussions of this type of news story; fair play if it is proven that there was negligence, but they shouldn't report it until it's fact.

I have bought two bikes from Williams and from the sales team through the service team to the workshops I have never had any problems; nothing but pleasant and professional experiences, every time. I know one thing; I will definitely be buying another bike from Williams, but I don't know if I'll continue to go to the newsagents to buy MCN...

Believe me, even if they were given the right to reply they'd still write what they wanted!! :spitfire

A couple of weeks ago I took journalist Steve Farrell from MCN out on patrol with the Highways Agency Traffic Officer service as he had written several articles which were a down right discrace about the Highways Agency. In an attempt to put the record straight he came out, had a good day and we put to bed some rumours that had been raised. All in all he enjoyed his time on the road and I looked forward to a well written article to address the balance.

What we got was another complete slating, lie after lie, miss quote after miss quote. They'd obviously knew what they wanted to write before they even arrived! I was competely stunned! :eek: Complete Tossers the lot of them!

i stopped buying the RAG a few years back...all to do with a so called first sneck shot the reporters had of the NEW gixxer 1000..

when the bike came out 4 months later ,it was total different from the Sneck shot .MCN passed it off so easy with just one line...

The weekend befor the first So called sneck shots MCN told People that they had the pictures... :rob SO most folk went out and brought a Paper based on those comments.........Paper sales up by 25% i think nice little profit for bull-hit :spitfire :rolleyes:

Never brought the paper again :(

Why.....

Pipster said:
How about a bit of support for our local dealer and sponsor. Those W**kers :tosser at Mcn are bad mouthing Williams again.

Read articles in this and last weeks MCN to do with rear wheels falling off BMW's that have been serviced there.. personally I don't agree with this type of journalism. This sensationalist syle of writing doesn't give the dealer the right of reply and therefore isnt fair.

MCN don't think through the repercussions of this type of news story; fair play if it is proven that there was negligence, but they shouldn't report it until it's fact.

I have bought two bikes from Williams and from the sales team through the service team to the workshops I have never had any problems; nothing but pleasant and professional experiences, every time. I know one thing; I will definitely be buying another bike from Williams, but I don't know if I'll continue to go to the newsagents to buy MCN...

.....did Williams allow an unhappy customer to get so disgruntled that he went to the press?
Should have been sorted out to his satisfaction long before that stage.

Anyone been to Williams lately and seen customers NEW bikes still sat outside in the compound with their cardboard crates soggy and collapsing?
Would you want your £11,000 treat like that?

Rainbow still the one I'm afraid

Sherpa ;)

sherpa said:
.....did Williams allow an unhappy customer to get so disgruntled that he went to the press?
Should have been sorted out to his satisfaction long before that stage.

Anyone been to Williams lately and seen customers NEW bikes still sat outside in the compound with their cardboard crates soggy and collapsing?
Would you want your £11,000 treat like that?

Rainbow still the one I'm afraid

Sherpa ;)

Yes for the last 5-6 visits i've seen those Crates out side, but i've questioned it myself in regards these crates must only stay out side on the day the dropped off FROM BMW ????????????? and get put in doors the same night..
Then again thinking about it.........what arm can it do the bikes if left out side for the 48 hours or so.............after all the british summer can be HELLL for a bike... :mmmm

Crates a bit off topic...

Think about it those crates are new bikes waiting to be assembled for customers .Each time you visit Williams the crates you see are not the same ones you saw on previous visit :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ..

I'm glad you have a good relationship with Rainbow there again you should
do as your tour company runs rideouts from there :D :D :D

I live in staffordshire my local dealer is shite, Thats why I go to Williams who I find excellent :clap ,Rainbow Yorkshire a bit out of my area.

Pipster said:
This sensationalist syle of writing ...

Yep thats exactly what it is. I havent seen this weeks MCN but i did see last week's.

If you glanced/scan read the article and didn't read it to it's conclusion you would firmly believe that the blokes wheel fell off on the way home from its service after just 12 miles!!! WORSE still the dealer is refusing to accept liability or blame. HOW could this be!!??

Because its only much later that you realise that the service was carried out 6 MONTHS AGO ! Has the guy really done just 12 miles since then? Has he had the wheel off over winter to give the bike a damn good clean? Has somebodyelse touched the wheel nuts ? Who knows?

Pipster said:
Think about it those crates are new bikes waiting to be assembled for customers .Each time you visit Williams the crates you see are not the same ones you saw on previous visit :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ..

I'm glad you have a good relationship with Rainbow there again you should
do as your tour company runs rideouts from there :D :D :D
:D :D :D

can i ask a question :D Can you prove these are not the same Crates i saw on my other visits .. :D :D :D :D

oh my visits have been over 3 :D :D :rob :rob :rob years

i now these are not the same crates :bounce1 :bounce1 :thumb

Dont think MCN will feature very highly in Williams advertising budget after this!!!Seriously though if the story is untrue then surely MCN are leaving themselves open to a fairly serious legal action by Williams.

Fixed it for ya!

Pipster said:
I'm glad you have a good relationship with Rainbow there again you should do as your tour company runs rideouts for them :D :D :D

I live in staffordshire my local dealer is shite, Thats why I go to Williams who I find excellent :clap ,Rainbow Yorkshire a bit out of my area.

Rainbows customer base stretches far and wide - they have many customers who travel from the four corners of the country for servicing - as you're, obviously, prepared to travel a bit to be happy why not see what the fuss is about and come visit - they, and we, would make you welcome :thumb

Hi Phil/Pipster/Hayley,

I bought my GS from Rainbow... Williams won't let riders with less than one years experience borrow anything, for any reason!

My instructors (from Bellvue) told me to buy from them, but get the servicing done at Rainbow. To be honest, I'd never heard of them, but I too know of a pair of people that ride down, stay over night nearby, have the bikes serviced, stay over again, and ride back home!

Reggie at Manchester has always been ok with me.

Rainbow obtained my engine guards and left them boxed up for me to collect (about 6 weeks later :eek: ).

Allan Jeffries supplied my panniers with about 4 days notice, and keyed them for me whilst I waited on a Saturday morning... oh and they really pulled out the stops to fix my bike... I don't know if any other dealer would have done that so quick, it's just that I was on the doorstep so to speak when it happened.

williams

I for one have had a bmw for several years now ranging from the 1150 adv to now having the wonderful 1200gs :bounce1. Never ever had any sort of problem with buying the bike to servicing, the service team at williams get a full thumbs up from me :thumb.
Being truthful though have heard excellent things from other bmw riders about rainbow in yorkshire, but each to their own.
Have had few problems with my current 1200gs ie. EWS immobiliser was stuck on and i could not start the bike, williams bar picking the thing up for me were fantastic!!!!

BMW assist now thats a different story........don't get me started :spitfire .

Back
Top Bottom