6 bars too hot?

andy white

Reaction score
I was riding along the M62 this afternoon, at a steady 80mph when i noticed the oil temp rise to six bars on the display, i wasn't following anything, so there should of been good airflow through the oil cooler and over the engine. I decided to continue to the services that were 3 miles (ish) ahead to stop and investigate, as I continued it dropped to five bars again for a few seconds but then rose back to six. When I got to the services i checked the oil cooler airway wasn't covered with anything, it wasn't, there was no oil leaks and the level was fine. Before today it has only got to six bars when stood in traffic for long periods, never when moving. Is this common? or is my bike going to meltdown:eek:

Hi Andy .. well when we were in Morocco i had 6 bars on quite a lot of the time, but it never went any higher..

...obviously this aint Morocco but it has been pretty hot of late.. i wouldn't worry too much about it, but make sure it doesn't go any higher... if it went to 7 for no good reason i'd get it checked out mate..

Regards

Six bars is OK you'll get that in traffic or going uphill when the engine has a bit more load on it.

i always seems to have 6 bars, well it hovers between 5 & 6....

Back
Top Bottom