Phone Charger

Rainman

Anyone out there made up a phone charger? I know it's a different voltage output & maybe you could rob some bits of a car cigar charger. I've done it with my ni-mh charger for my GPS. Ideas/suggestions?

I made one up for a recent trip. I just made a plying lead to go from my power socket. fitted a BMW plug from Hein Gerike on one end and put a cigar lighter socket on the other end. cost about £6. I can't use it when i'm riding but just charge the phone overnight or when the bike is parked. I can power anything that uses a cigar lighter plug.

Tourtech (and possibly Wunderlich) do a BMW bike to standard car charger lead, which then allows you to plug in any standard 12V car accessory lead (like your phone charger).

Yes sir,

Wunderlich is the one.Got this item from their catalouge

with a BMW type plug on one end & a car type cig. socket on the

other. BUT the really cool feature is a built in protection circuit

that will prevent your mob. phone/ GPS/ ...etc from draining your

battery .

:)

got myself a standard car phone charger, split it in two, then soldered in a lead to the circuit board. ran the lead down to my power point (bmw plug, shared with gps lead) and smothered all the gaps with silicone. mounted inside the fairing with cable ties, curly lead sits wrapped around handle bars unless being used. can charge as i ride by putting phone in jacket pocket or in tank mounted map case.

i am a complete prat with anything mechanical or electrical, so if i can do it it's EASY! cost: the cheapest charger you can find, say £10?

ps you do have to ensure you remove the auxilliary plug after each ride or you'll flatten the battery after a couple of days (weeks?)

d:gringo

Corsican Dave said:

ps you do have to ensure you remove the auxilliary plug after each ride or you'll flatten the battery after a couple of days (weeks?)

Eh? What load is going to flatten our battery?

Mike:confused:

Back
Top Bottom