Updated list of speed cameras and raised platforms

DodgyGeeSer

Reaction score
Hi there, I've been making a list of Garda GPS waypoints for a while now (13 cameras, 49 Garda raised platforms) for some of the larger roads in the country. I've attached the most recent version. The list is only based on some of the roads I've travelled recently, so it is far from exhaustive...

If it's of any use, let me know and I'll post updates periodically. It's in GPS eXchange format (GPX) so will work off the bat in any Garmin device and can be converted to other formats. You can even open it up in GoogleEarth.

As you all know, the cameras rarely contain any film, and the Garda Platforms are (for the most part) unoccupied and we all stick to the speed-limits and safe driving speeds anyway, so it may not be of any use.. Also, just because there isn't a waypoint, doesn't mean that there isn't a camera, raised platform, Gatso van, or hand-held speed measuring device on your journey.

Let me know if it's useful.. I had to zip it up as this site doesn't allow files of type GPX.

Attachments

• Garda_Platforms_Cameras.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 107
Hi DodgyGeeSer, should Mapsource open GPX files, cause I
couldn't open it. :nenau and how far outside Dublin does
it extend ?

Daithi.

DodgyGeeSer said:
Hi there, I've been making a list of Garda GPS waypoints for a while now (13 cameras, 49 Garda raised platforms) for some of the larger roads in the country. I've attached the most recent version. The list is only based on some of the roads I've travelled recently, so it is far from exhaustive...

If it's of any use, let me know and I'll post updates periodically. It's in GPS eXchange format (GPX) so will work off the bat in any Garmin device and can be converted to other formats. You can even open it up in GoogleEarth.

As you all know, the cameras rarely contain any film, and the Garda Platforms are (for the most part) unoccupied and we all stick to the speed-limits and safe driving speeds anyway, so it may not be of any use.. Also, just because there isn't a waypoint, doesn't mean that there isn't a camera, raised platform, Gatso van, or hand-held speed measuring device on your journey.

Let me know if it's useful.. I had to zip it up as this site doesn't allow files of type GPX.

Hi Daithi, it only extends as far as I've visited! I'll add more as I visit more Gardai-encrusted roads!

Here's a picture of the coverage:

222761269_57f15f5f20.jpg

It should work fine in Mapsource, as that's where I saved it out from, but Garmin may have changed the XML format between versions (I'm using 6.10.2).

I've attached it as a GDB, which should open fine for you..

Attachments

• Gardai_Platforms_Cameras.gdb
    6.2 KB · Views: 46
Updates?

I was happliy using DodgyGeeSer's Gadra camera database and adding my own (country-wide, but mostly south-eastern) sites for sharing until I unintentionally managed to wipe them from the GPS:blast :thedummy.

Does anyone have a more up-to-date one than this version from mid last year that they are willing to share?

Thanks

Paul

i wonder

I wonder is it possable to built a data base of every preferred location S speed checks: in this fair land... ie if you are out for a run and you see a speed check you enter the position and post it .... :confused:

You can have my latest copy..
2 new cameras and some new platforms, which you can view on my site here.

Attached is my latest GDB. If anyone has any additional locations, let me know and I'll include them and re-post.

Somclam - Yes of course! There's already a website doing exactly that, but it hasn't proven too popular in the past, which makes it pretty useless. The above list I use for my own needs, and will keep it up to date as much as I can, and give to anyone for non-commercial use..

Attachments

• Garda_Platforms_Cameras.gdb
    6.9 KB · Views: 36
Speed cameras

If speed cameras could solve crime we would have a great country.(Add ur own adjectives) and a really usefull police force.:spitfire
Until then a little mud on ur no. plate perhaps!!:aidan

Back
Top Bottom