HP2 rear shock

wicky

Hi can anyone tell me what the maximum bar/psi the shock can be pumped up to please ?? regards wiCk :beer:

Vern said:
I think 9bar is the max,have a look in the book :thumb

tanks Vern but i don't have a HP2 !! i do however have a TDM 850 with a Fournales air shock which is currently pumped to about 28bar, ya see im after a pump powerful enuf to adjust me shock and since i saw a HP2 picture with a pump attached underneath the seat i thought i'd enquire to see if the pump may be the one im looking for. ta WiCk ;)

So why didn't you say.I've got a fournales front and rear on my 1100.I bought one of their pumps for the job.I've got 29bar in the back and 20bar in the front.

You can get the pump from M R Holland,they cost about £65 mind,and you'll be lucky to find anything else that gets anywhere near it.

I think Mike Spence is the bloke you need to talk to :thumb

HP2 Shock Pump

Also don't rely on an HP2 air pump as they fall apart at the first hint of usage. I had two come apart on me on the HP2 day at Pavey's place in Wales and mine did the same thing last night...... :(

I just use an airline to pump it up. Got about 15 months worth of warranty left to see if this will feck it up.

What pressures are you all running on your HP2s then,and how fat(sorry,what weight :rolleyes: )are you.

I've got 7bar for 100Kg(ish)

Vern said:
So why didn't you say.I've got a fournales front and rear on my 1100.I bought one of their pumps for the job.I've got 29bar in the back and 20bar in the front.

You can get the pump from M R Holland,they cost about £65 mind,and you'll be lucky to find anything else that gets anywhere near it.

I think Mike Spence is the bloke you need to talk to :thumb

thought ye'd all laff at me cheap wheels !!!! tanks Vern, but i have heard the MR Holland pumps can fall apart/blow seals (the filthy fecks !) etc you had any probs with yours ?? WiCk :ymca

For £65,if mine falls apart,I'll take it back and insert it into the person responsible myself :eek:

It does seem a quality bit of kit though,it's made by Fournales and not Hollands,maybe there are different types.There's a high pressure stirrup pump as well,maybe that's the one you're thinking of?

Vern said:
For £65,if mine falls apart,I'll take it back and insert it into the person responsible myself :eek:

It does seem a quality bit of kit though,it's made by Fournales and not Hollands,maybe there are different types.There's a high pressure stirrup pump as well,maybe that's the one you're thinking of?

Hi Vern im referring to the Fournales handpump with the gauge on it, the stirrup pump goes up to 50Bar but costs £152.75 incl VAT :confused: one of my TDM riding mates bought a newer type Fournales shock (with a duo unit) than mine and he has had it 18 months and had it rebuilt once already under warranty !!! he finally sent it back to them yesterday demanding a full refund as it kept leaking oil and air and the ride height kept dropping as a result. Anudder guy i know on a TDM 900 has had alorra leakage too but he has hung onto his. glad my old shock is aok, oil have to bite the bullet and buy a pump metinks. thanks again wIcK :thumb

Back
Top Bottom