Anyone going to the West Wales Motorbike Show this Saturday, willing to give 90 mins?

Taff

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I confess - I have dropped a clanger. About a month ago I agreed to take the bike as part of a "lead procession" for a local carnival. The carnival organisers had asked Carmarthen Motorbike Club (of which I am a member) to "provide a lead procession of bikes at the head of the Johnstown Carnival, which will give the club a chance to promote the Bike show and to fly the flag for the club".

No excuses, but I clean forgot about it till tonight, but now due to work commitments, there's no way I can make it. I have spoken to the Club secretary, and I can tell from the tone of his voice that he's disappointed, as I think he really wanted a GS there. I obviously feel guilty about it, so I'm doing my best to get someone to take my place.

The Carnival procession through Carmarthen starts at 12.00 noon and is expected to finish at around 1.00pm - although the riders would need to meet 10 minutes beforehand. All they want is a GS or two to be part of a group of 8 to ride in front of the carnival floats through the town - I would guess for one and a half miles in total. As an "incentive" he has told me that if anyone is willing to do it, they will be allowed into the West Wales Motorcycle Show which is being held the same day, for free. The club is very heavily involved in the show - otherwise there would be dozens of volunteers.

If anyone was going to the show anyway, and is willing to give say 90 minutes tops to help out with the procession, can you please PM for details of where / who to meet. Breakfast will be on me. ;)

Even if you can't help out, seriously this show looks quite impressive. :thumb

I'm sure they'll be flocking there :D

Sheep%20on%20bike.jpg

Thanks Slimbo. I'll PM or e-mail you all the details you need later tonight.

Don't forget that your next meal at Abercrave is on me. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom