quick! Anyone what is the BMW part no. call for ....

colesyboy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The fuel crossover pipe - on the fuel tank of the 1150 advanced - the actual white connecting bits of plastic that lock the two pipes together.

Urgently need BMW part no.!!!

In Istanbul, bike about to get on plane to India!!!! No chance of finding one there!!!!

Is there an alternative?!?!

To getting the official BMW part for this bleedin pipe - its the crossover fuel pipe on the Adv, not sure if its on the standard 1150 gs tank.

I think all it does is just connect the pipe together, can anyone verify its use pleasey? Cant think that it should do anything other than this.

A monkey in a frieght forwarding company broke it today with his hand fisted meaty fingers. I tried to exclaim to him what a monumental f*ck up he made, but my Turkish isnt so good (in istanbul at the moment).

I'm kind of hoping that this might be a standardy type of part that could be replaced in a half decent car part shop in New Delhi (where I'm at tomorrow, and the bike will be also.....hopefully).

Cheers for your help on that link David, it did help but as I've run out of time today, I cant get to a beemer garage before me flight tomoz.

Brian

No part number, but it's the Q/D connector your after.

You can fit the standard Q/D connectors if they haven't got the 90 degree under tank ADV connector ..

Just seen your post, was typing mine as you posted yours -

In emergency , and if the tank is empty(ish) you can just use a piece of fuel line between the two sides .

Cool, some good news for me today...at 'kin last!

So the connector is a standard thing that I could prolly pick up in Indiaaaargh somewhere?

Dya reck a 90 degree QD is a standard thing to get?

One last and really dumb question, please dont try to laugh to much when I tell you this.

Took the front wheel off today to get the bike into a smaller box for its flight to india. I then got two guys either side of the bike to support it whilst I took it off center stand.

Needless to say they didnt do a tremendous job of holding the forks as they zeroes on the "safely cardboard" they then hit. Not a great sound of metal on cardboard / concreate, what the likelyhood that I've done some damage to the forks? No sign of any damage so far, probably got that nice suprise ahead of me in New Delhi.

Cheers! :eek:

Cheers Neil

Might get the emergency pipe just to get it out of customs, I have a feeling that after days of bribes and corruption there, I wont want to hang about.

Nice one!

colesyboy said:
Dya reck a 90 degree QD is a standard thing to get?

what the likelyhood that I've done some damage to the forks? No sign of any damage so far, probably got that nice suprise ahead of me in New Delhi.

Cheers! :eek:

Q/D's are fairly standard, but not sure in the third world. You could try the Calcutta halfords :D .
Make sure you get the right diameter tomatch your fuel pipe.

Shouldn't think you've done any damage to the forks. They designed to compress. But you never know - Bad Karma and all that, eh Brian ;) :eek: :D

colesyboy said:
Might get the emergency pipe just to get it out of customs, I have a feeling that after days of bribes and corruption there, I wont want to hang about.

Nice one!
Good luck mate :thumb ain't the interweb great, talking to each other so far away. :rob

Ooooh you swine

Made me smile then suck in my teeth, then laugh Neil.

'kin karma. I've had it today (being diddled at the mo' by 500 euros in trying to get the bike out...original quote for shipping the bike out gone up by 500 since original quote, so coming home early I reckon!).

Thanks for the advice and hope......! :beer: off to down several of these now.

Now accepting paypal donations at http://www.trailsunexpected.com
Go on, its only 2 quid, all I need is 399 donations to make up for todays great Turkish Cargo Swindle.

Me love you all long time.

Yes interweb great

Yes, love the interweb me, the sun is now setting over the blue mosque, making it a kind of purple mosque now.

colesyboy said:
Now accepting paypal donations at http://www.trailsunexpected.com
Go on, its only 2 quid, all I need is 399 donations to make up for todays great Turkish Cargo Swindle.

Me love you all long time.

Thanks forthe link " speed freak from ealing" :D

Glad to hear your OK despite the accident :eek:

I'll keep a check on you. Email me if you need any bike advice or parts sent :thumb :beerjug:

If you have any problems in Delhi with the bike - head for Inder Motors in the Karol Bagh district ( Just north of the centre - Inder Motors are well known just ask anyone once you get to Karol Bagh for directions) See Mr. Lalli Singh, he speaks perfect English, if he can't sort you out he will know someone who can - top bloke. Sorry to say that you will get hassle with Indian customs, lots of toing and froing with paperwork and frustration -don't lose your cool it will make it worse. At least you will not have any language problems.

Good Luck

For a possible supplier of QD type connectors (they may not be the same but they'll do) try any place that deals in Hydraulics....plant hire and repair shops, that sort of place. :thumb

anyone know the pipe size?

For the fuel supply / quick coupling pipe that is on the adventure please? Cant seem to get that info, but I think its 9mm. Its the pipe that runs from one side of the adv tank to the other and is connected by these q/d connectors (what does that stand for anyway?).

Cheers guys,

Brian

Back
Top Bottom