Mk2 Tobinator now available

Tobers

Reaction score
After some excellent feedback from the "early adopters", I've modified the Tobinator design to enable even more screen adjustment.

The rear component is now slotted rather than having a single bolt-hole. As a result, the screen can now be tilted further back than before. This makes a real difference and reduces any remaining buffeting even further.

Here's a piccy:

DSC01268.JPG

I've updated my web site to show the difference, and included a number of new more detailed pictures.

Here's what's in the kit:
DSC01264.JPG

Also, if you've got a Mk1 Tobinator, you can quite easily enable more tilt on your screen by drilling a couple of additional holes in your rear Tobinator component. See the bottom of the home page on the web site for more info.

Lastly, I'm having a small number of black anodised ones made up - anyone interested? Might be £5 more than the normal ones as it's v.expensive to get them done in small quantities.

Cheers

Tobers.

I have spent the day playing with the Mk1 Torbinators and tried them with the Std and Givi Screens and when set up they work wonderfully, With the Std Screen the airflow was smoth at 3266.666 yds/minute + even wearing my Roof Diversion which was so noisy at anything near illegal speed that I had given up on it.

They are very nicley made.

A few small observations are:-

1. If there was a boss on the rear part the "Wunderlich" thumscrews could still be used.

2. A slot instead of the hole would have been great

3. Matt Black would have made them less intrusive

As to points 2 & 3 they have become fact (MkII) as the Mk1 dropped through the door so as usual I am behind the times and out of fashion.

THE THINGS WORK THOUGH. I am in Preston so if anyone wants to see them or try them drop me a PM

Cheers nice one Tobers

Roger

My MK2 Tobinator in black arrived today, very well made and easy to fit, took 10 minutes all in. I'll report back once I've had a chance a test ride with it fitted. Far better looking in black than bare metal tho, IMHO.

:beerjug:

any chance of a photo from the front?

LOL sat here and waited for the pic to download

Stumpy

Tobinator + pillions?

Can anyone report on the effect of the changed airflow on pillion comfort?

Also I note that one of the reviewers mentioned that whilst their helmet was no longer buffetted they had more air and, I assume rain, on their chest. Any experinces of using the Torbinator in the rain?

Richard

Re: Tobinator + pillions?

R Savage said:
Can anyone report on the effect of the changed airflow on pillion comfort?

Also I note that one of the reviewers mentioned that whilst their helmet was no longer buffetted they had more air and, I assume rain, on their chest. Any experinces of using the Torbinator in the rain?

Richard

Can't say as I noticed more rain, the original screen as mouted scientifically by Herr B*W was so turbulent that any weather came over or around it any way. I have Mk1s moded to Mk2 with the slots, the silver/grey bit if parallelish to the screen keeps the air flow smooth behid the screen up the line of the screen and I noticed the wind on my shoulders more I think because my head was not dancing around. I have now got my Givi screen mounted on the Torbinators which is even better.

Gets my Best buy of 2003 so far

Roger

Mike O, triffic reply

That has got to be one of the best replies to date, in my books. I larfed until I stopped, I did.:hapybnce:

Back
Top Bottom