Garmin custom vehicles

I kinda, sorta think that these 'large' custom vehicle icons are only suitable for the GPSRs that present a much larger image than a 'normal' GPSR such as a 2xxx series, x76 series, and so on.

I had a look at the screen-shot of the GPSR that is shown on the Garmin web page at the first link you provided - heck, if we replaced the vehicle position symbol on our high-end GPSRs with something as big as those custom symbols, it would obliterate everything within two blocks of our vehicle... :D

So far as the Zumo is concerned - maybe that is a good sign, it indicates that the Zumo will have a tightly detailed display like the high-end units that most of us use. There aren't too many folks here on the forum who use the entry level units that these custom icons work with.

Michael

Michael, the Zumo shares the same screen size and pixel count as a few of the GPS’s listed as being compatible with Garmin custom vehicles, see below.

Zumo
Display: 2.8” W x 2.1” H (3.5” diag.), 320 x 240 pixels; high bright sunlight-readable, UV-resistant, touch screen display

C510
Display: Automotive-grade, sunlight-readable, anti-glare TFT LCD display, 2.8”W x 2.1”H (7.2 x 5.4 cm); 320 x 240 pixels, with touch screen

Nuvi 360
Display: 2.8” W x 2.1” H (3.5” diag.), 320 x 240 pixels; bright, TFT display, 64K colors, with white backlight and touch screen

i.e.: 2.8” W x 2.1” H - 320 x 240 pixels, So if it looks ok on a Nuvi 360, it should look ok on a Zumo

Yeah, but think of all the work the software guys would have to do to make the motorcycle lean over in the corners, and have the rider's feet go down and paddle around when the moto is moving backwards... :D

Back
Top Bottom