Bunclody

BMW Off Road Course

Jockser said:
Dermott, let us know how it went :thumb I'm there Sun / Mon :bounce1 :clap :bounce1

Jockser,
completed the course yesterday. Totally exceeded my expectations. Very well run and orgainsed and Simon Pavey & Co are the business. The learning curve over two days is extraordinary. If you told me two days ago that I would be blasting down a forest fire road, strewn with debris, rocks and at least three inches of loose shale & gravel at 40+ miles an hour, standing on the pegs and the bike sliding beneath me like a wild nimal I would not have believed it possible. Superb technique instruction, 300+metre vertical descents, 'off piste' at speed through the forest etc, etc, a whole new level of bike handling confidence that you can bring back to the road, I'd certainly recommend the course to anyone.

Jim

presto said:
I'd certainly recommend the course to anyone.

:cool: :bounce1 :cool: :bounce1

Thanks for the reply Jim :thumb

Dermott must be doing Level 2 today & tomorrow :eek: :clap

Glad you enjoyed it. Thats basically what I was hoping to get out of the course ;) Having done some pistes, tracks, mud & sand (don't suppose they bring you to the beach to play in the sand :D ) the slipping & sliding is the thing I've always felt uncomfortable with :mmmm If it only improves that it'll be worth the cost :D

You'll have to come to Wicklow with us sometime to practice your new skills ;) How's the bike going - still happy with it ?

:beerjug:
Jochen

Jockser said:
Dermott, let us know how it went :thumb I'm there Sun / Mon :bounce1 :clap :bounce1
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Just back, and am totaly knackered, really enjoyed it, a great gang, I was sweating like a pig, choose your gear carefully, maybe open face helmet and light jacket or motox gear, got to go.
D :thumb :thumb :D :D

Thanks Dermott - didn't see this before I went :( otherwise I'd have followed your advice ;) Its amazing how hot ridin' a bike around a field can make you - even in the lashing rain yesterday afternoon :eek:

More details to follow when I get a chance :thumb

Jockser said:
Thanks Dermott - didn't see this before I went :( otherwise I'd have followed your advice ;) Its amazing how hot ridin' a bike around a field can make you - even in the lashing rain yesterday afternoon :eek:

More details to follow when I get a chance :thumb

Hi Jochen,

Glad you made it home in the stinking weather after the course. Totally agree with the comments above - great course - Ride to work this morning felt pretty tame by comparision.

Damian.

Howya Daimo - & welcome to this lunatic asylum :D

I was kinda glad when I got home - until I was made to change out of my soaking gear in the garage :eek:

I haven't had a chance to look at my pics yet (bl**dy camera got damp again :( ) but I'm fairly sure I have one of you starting yesterday mornings hill descent. Watch this space ;)

I forgot to leave my helmet out to dry (enter sniggers here, if you think that way) - Not very pleasant to put back on - I look forward to the photos.

Cheers, dB.

Had a great 2 days in the forests. Clothes and helmet still wet !!
Hope to post a few pics soon.
Paul.

Finally managed to extract a few pics from the cameras so here goes ;)
This is outside the hotel on Sunday morning & everyone was eager for the off.

Attachments

• Ready for the off !.jpg
    Ready for the off !.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 77
OOOPS :eek:
Apparently you're supposed to stay out of the ditch ;)

Attachments

• Ditch.jpg
    Ditch.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 48
Monday morning in the 'Sunny South East' :mmmm

Attachments

• Monday.jpg
    Monday.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 48

Back
Top Bottom