What about next year then?

Bryn

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind comments about the East Midlands event :thumb it came togethter nicely in the end, and thanks to the support from those who attended (especially those who offered their help over the weekend), along with the generosity of those that donated some fantastic prizes for the raffle, we came out ahead in the money stakes ;)

There are quite a number of individuals who performed well beyond the call of duty over the weekend and before.. in assisting me with the planning, running and manning of the event, and if I mention individuals it could go on so long we'd all nod off :D

You know who you are!

Without your help the event would not have taken place, and it is very much appreciated... :thumb

The venue is certainly a good one, but I feel that tweaks can be made with certain aspects of the service provided by Whetstone Gorse.

I've talked quite a bit with the proprietor this evening and threw in a few suggestions that should make the event even bettter...

So if we run the East Midlands event next year, when should it be held?

August seems a slightly quieter month for events, or should it be around the same time... It would be nice next year to have no date clashes ;)

Opinions welcomed

Bryn :beerjug:

anytime late August early Sept will do for me Bryn.

can you order the good weather already? :D

Wouldn't it be better to have venues with more interesting roads and more opportunity for offroading.

Just a thought :)

timolgra said:
Wouldn't it be better to have venues with more interesting roads and more opportunity for offroading.

...like Finnskogen in Norway? I would love that! :thumb

:) Liv.

timolgra said:

Yeah late August would be good, mind you people will still have kids off school so a few maybe away on their summer hols.

Go hardcore ... end of November!

Bryn said:
It would be nice next year to have no date clashes ;)

It would indeed, so we all have the opportunity to attend as many events as possible.

With this in mind, Princetown '07 is already booked for September 7th - 9th 2007

Woohoo!!!!!!! Some common sense at last .......I'm feeeling all light headed all of a sudden!!!!! :D :D

Yes it should be on next year....it was a great event and if we can have it at least 2 weekends away from any other event, particularly Princetown, we'll double the number of people that go to both and have a fekking briliant time.

There's not much offroad stuff based on this location, but TBH I don't think that matters too much.......there's a good fords circuit and some nice roads for a road ride.....and the venue is well suited to make it a sort of family event rather than a hardcore offroad base event?? We've got Llangollen and other events for that......this location is central so perfect for a lot of people :thumb

August sounds good to me if there's a gap that it can be fitted into......I don't know if Achill is going to be on next year, but in between the Hugmoist and Princetown would be perfect :clap :clap

:)

Nice one Bill :thumb
I'd love to do all 3 :)
Hograost.
Princetown.
East mids,
All in the summer :) perfect for a rusty old fart like me:)

:thumb :thumb

Fanum said:
We've got Llangollen and other events for that......this location is central so perfect for a lot of people :thumb

While we're all in a nice, warm, touchy-feely mood, is Llangollen on again next year, and will it be 4th - 6th May?

Looks like Tiff's Lands End event may be on again, April 13th - 15th - but don't quote me on that just yet.

Don't forget you will also have to fit the West Midlands "Wobble" into the calender :D

Fanum said:
......I don't know if Achill is going to be on next year......

There definately will be an event in Ireland next year, maybe not in Achill though.

The weekend of 20/21/22 July is looking most likely at the moment, but if necessary we can move it back a week later.

Bryn said:
Thanks for all the kind comments about the East Midlands event :thumb it came togethter nicely in the end, and thanks to the support from those who attended (especially those who offered their help over the weekend), along with the generosity of those that donated some fantastic prizes for the raffle, we came out ahead in the money stakes ;)

There are quite a number of individuals who performed well beyond the call of duty over the weekend and before.. in assisting me with the planning, running and manning of the event, and if I mention individuals it could go on so long we'd all nod off :D

You know who you are!

Without your help the event would not have taken place, and it is very much appreciated... :thumb

The venue is certainly a good one, but I feel that tweaks can be made with certain aspects of the service provided by Whetstone Gorse.

I've talked quite a bit with the proprietor this evening and threw in a few suggestions that should make the event even bettter...

So if we run the East Midlands event next year, when should it be held?

August seems a slightly quieter month for events, or should it be around the same time... It would be nice next year to have no date clashes ;)

Opinions welcomed

Bryn :beerjug:

I had a great time Bryn, many thanks to you and all the team for organising it all.
One question...............will there be bait available next year :D

WOODY said:
I had a great time Bryn, many thanks to you and all the team for organising it all.
One question...............will there be bait available next year :D

There was this year - for those that paid :jes

So where's the link to pay for next year?

What's the charity?

And do you need the missus to flog some more raffle tickets :D :D ?

ianran said:
And do you need the missus to flog some more raffle tickets :D :D ?

What...That lady take,s no prisoners :D :D :thumb

Does she do debt collecting... :mmmm :thumb

timolgra said:

I don't know were you got you info from but if you want to go offroading I bet I could fill 6hrs of the day up with off roading
Ask any of these,
Brighter.jpg

Pics from this year tried to keep it easy for off road virgins!
P9080011.JPG

Did chuck a couple of rutted ones in-
P9080017.JPG

and a couple of fords-
P9080020.JPG

Bring on next year :D

Bryn, to early and there will be clashes with folks annual holidays, to late and we'll start to loose the weather.

So either Aug 31st - Sep 2nd or Sep 14th - 16th would be good :thumb

... Inevitably the date you select will affect attendance a bit, amongst those who've already enjoyed the great event you put together. I will certainly attend again if circumstances permit. :thumb

... But it's not going to be possible to please all the people all the time and others, who weren't able to make it this year, will undoubtably make up some numbers ... they'd be daft not too.

... Notwithstanding the sage advice of others, your team has taken on the challenge, my tuppence says you choose.

Noel said:
I don't know were you got you info from but if you want to go offroading I bet I could fill 6hrs of the day up with off roading
Ask any of these,

Bring on next year :D

Well I got my info from a local, but perhaps he was wrong :nenau

Looks like you've landed yourself a job for next year then :D

Paul G (BHT) said:
Bryn, to early and there will be clashes with folks annual holidays, to late and we'll start to loose the weather.

So either Aug 31st - Sep 2nd or Sep 14th - 16th would be good :thumb

Sept 14-16th could be BMF tailend (only a guess as tis this coming weekend :nenau )

I dont know if this would affect attendance but thought it worth mentioning :mmmm

Whatever date can I have 2 tickets please :D :thumb

Back
Top Bottom