better tyres?

Septic

Reaction score
hi folks

can anyone recomend some tyres for my dads K1100LT
hes currently using Bridgestone battleaxe BT45R's and the back
tyre has only lasted 6000 miles which seams to be a bit
shit for a £90 odd quid tyre. He is an advanced police rider
so hes not one for thrashing the ass off it.

I have 2 LT riders in my circle of friends. 6000 miles for a rear tyre is what they would expect, especially for the one who commutes from Somerset to Newbury primarily on the M4.

Generally the front lasts 50% longer, so 1 new front every second rear.

BT45R or Avon are their favoured tyres.

Hi, If your dad is an ex plod,He wont be slow so 6000 miles from a rear is not bad. Ihave a K1200Rs which came with b54s. I triad a set of Continental Road Attack and found them to be far better. The profile of the front was more round and the bike steered into corners much better. Grip in the wet was excellent and wear about the same as the 54s. The good bit is that they were quite a bit cheaper. worth a try. Whilst on about these tyres, I cant understand why Continental dont advertise more. you never hear of these tyres in the mags or even on this site. I am about to try thier off road?road biased tyres calles "escapes". they are also cheaper and if they are as good as the attacks, I will be well pleased :rob

I tried BT 45 's on my 1100 katana and they were fitted on a 400 grey import Katana and they were rubbish. Ended up junking tyres with less than 1500 miles on.
The 400 was put on BT020 radials whilst the older 1100 is now on Pirelli Sport Demons which are excellent and seen like they will easily do 4500 ( for crossplies on this bike that is excellent).
They are the nearest thing to the old phantoms i have found in performance and last longer.
Definately recommended for any older bikes especially the sports ones.

Back
Top Bottom