Park West - parts dept closed

pmbj

Checked their website last night and went to Park West (West London) today for a new visor and an accessory plug. The parts department is closed until next week - apparently there has been a takeover and "it's Park Lane's fault" according to the sloane ranger on reception.

"The website doesn't say you're closed"

"Oh, that would have been a good idea wouldn't it", says frightfully-nice-but-dim.

Someone else will get my business.

Dear pmbj,

Sorry you've had this experience. Not that it helps, but we're having it with them too as our parts department is temporarily closed.
The reason for this being that the Park Lane group has sold Park West on because we're embarking on new workshop/parts premises in the Westminster/ South Bank area and subsequently, they're doing a massive stock check for their new owners.
Whilst that's no excuse on their part and indeed the treatment you received was not on, please bear with them as a new chapter is being started in their business.
In the meantime, maybe I can source the parts you need, so please call me on 020 7318 9342 and I'll see what I can do.
Oh yes, if you do call Saturday, it does get very busy, but do leave a message; you will hear back from me asahp.

Hope this helps,

Roy

Personal experience...

Funny because although in the past I tried to avoid Park West because of the crappy service (That's was in the old location some years ago), the other day a friend needed a bit rather urgent and contacted PW. They went out of their way to try to locate and deliver the rare part and I can only say that I was truly impresed by the service and and the advice.
Collected the goods myself at 09.30 as promised, and went away with a diferent opinion.

Now, Mr. Roy, aparently connected, is personally answering a query, now I don't think I'll see that from many dealers...

Well done, Park West...

Park West hmmmmm

I just spent the thick end of 35k on a Bimmer with 2 wheels too many.

Funny thing is I live a mile from Park West but the sales staff gave me that much grief and that little help that I was happy to travel an hour to buy it elsewhere.

Pity my dealer doesnt have a bike franchise.
I shall be travelling to buy a GS too.

Park West - get it sorted.

Cheers

P

No longer a BMW Bike Dealer

It is my understanding that Park West has been sold to HR Owen (I think it's one of them) and the bike department will be off down to Vauxhall area.

This is going to be the BMW flagship service and bike area as they have explained BMW "vision" is to have a certain set up (Far to boring to explain on here.)

I have now sampled 4 dealerships, Sawbridgeworth, Park Lane (New bikes only), Wollaston and Huigendon. All have been friendly and sorted out my issues on the bike.

Overall it is like anything, catch them on a bad day and it sticks in your mind.

BMW service is better than most of my previous experiences of bikes (Honda mainly) and I am difficult....due to my own service orientated business.

I tend to share my positive and negative experiences with the management when available. Otherwise they would never feel the benefit of offering good service or know that they are viewed as a "bad egg"

IMO of course.
Nick

Back
Top Bottom