avi's and mpegs hosting

Lamble

Reaction score
I've recently started to take videos of rides but the helmet camera stores as avi files. I was going to use smugmug to host them but they only take mpegs.

Anyone found a host that can take avi, or is it a case of just changing the suffix and hoping it will convert?

motomartin said:
youtube ??

Motomartin,

what sort of rowing machine is the woman using in your ID avatar? It seems like a short stroke !

I've just bought an apple pro and final cut pro, so once I've learned how to drive it, I'll be able to edit down from the 4 hrs I have, to 1-2 minutes of interesting vid. I'll not use a U2 track Mr Coyles, as I know that's your signature tune.

Thanks for the avi/mpeg info gents.
Mr Coyles, as I'm riding alone, my clips wont have the advantage of your eye candy partner, to brighten up what is essentially road and desert and a hill or two. Hope the Indian bureaucracy has been resolved and that the bike's holding up.
It appears to be the end of the season around here, everyone in Seattle is packing up for the winter. Still seems like summer as far as I'm concerned, so that will be one lost Brit biker found frozen in the snow on the news in a few weeks time. Bit like the Londoners found on Ben Nevis every winter, in a t-shirt and trainers.
I'm talking to a fellow Brit out here about a ride to Patagonia in Jan 2008. Could be a goer.

Nice one

Patagonia - yes to that Steve. I have a friend that has just crated up his ktm to that part of the world, the swine leaves in 1 month. Compared to over here its a really easy continent to get around. For me the Americas was good training for the madness of Asian roads.

Looking forward to the vids

Have fun mate,

Brian

Lamble said:
I've recently started to take videos of rides but the helmet camera stores as avi files. I was going to use smugmug to host them but they only take mpegs.

Anyone found a host that can take avi, or is it a case of just changing the suffix and hoping it will convert?

Dont know if you're still looking for a host, but if you email them to
bmwr1100gs@gmail.com I'll put 'em up on www.gs-ing.com fo you.

Daithi.

Back
Top Bottom