Helicoiling anyone.?

Deleted Member MS

Reaction score
Anyone know where i can get helicoiling done in the scunthorpe area ???
Sump plug thread donald ducked !!!

I can't help you directly but most engineering type companies can do this. I've used the local mower repairers before now. Apparently lawn mowers are made of chocolate and they regularly strip the threads. Speak to Bapp industrial as they sell helicoils I think and they could possibly recommend someone. Buy a kit and do it yourself is the other option, it's easier than you think (unless you think it's really easy in which case it's a little bit harder than that!!! :D ).

helicoling

Thanks for that.I think i may have sussed it all now.Yes, ive rung all local people and yes thay can do helicoling normally, but this is 18mm and bigger than what they can take on.Ive sent for the coils, and managed to lug a tap from steve scriminger of SED.They should be here today so fingers crossed.
Didnt know Bapps sold the coils; i would have gone there first.Bugger. They were only 89pence from out of town though, so thats cheap enough.
Ps . .priced up for a tap new, just in case i couldnt borrow one . . .£55.Ooouch.(A kit from BM is the same price)

This time tomorrow, hopefully, the sump on the f650 should be oil tight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom