Riding Down the Paris Peripherique; a Video

Mike Werner

Cloggie amongst Frogs
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Here's an interesting video clip of riding your motorcycle down the Paris Peripherique during rush hour.... not too fast, not too slow. Gives you a good idea what it looks like to commute in Paris...

Paris Peripherique Video

I was quite suprised while riding around in mainland Europe just how much easier it is to ride a motorbike over there.

Got to a hooge queue for the Gottard tunnel, and everyone, except one Belgian in a people carrier moved to make space. The Belgian moved to close the space and got hooted at by other motorists! (I went round the other side of him! - which enraged him no end!)

walti said:
I was quite suprised while riding around in mainland Europe just how much easier it is to ride a motorbike over there.

Got to a hooge queue for the Gottard tunnel, and everyone, except one Belgian in a people carrier moved to make space. The Belgian moved to close the space and got hooted at by other motorists! (I went round the other side of him! - which enraged him no end!)

Yeah, I remember riding my bike in the UK, Newhaven to Wales and back. Couple of time the asses tried to run me of the road when there was a traffic jam. Back in France, coming of the ferry in Dieppe, there was a traffic jam out of the ferry place. Every single car had move over to let us through, including all the English registered cars.

Strange, in the UK they try to kill you, in France the same cars make space...

Riding the BP (Peripherique) is one of my favourite rides.... adrenaline rush

walti said:

i seriously pissed off a volvo driving dutch bloke in that queue on my recent trip by overtaking between him and the white line, shouting and waving his fist in the air i was told. i ignored the tosser.

come to think of it, it was between the white line & the central reservation grass :D

Mike
That looks civilized compared to filtering on British motorways.
As a daily commuter on the M4 and M25 I would love that amount of room between cards.
I've always said, that European drivers are a lot more biker aware that they are in the UK.

walti said:

Hmmm .... three times this year in Europe... all three times belgians pee'd me off by blocking me in... small country syndrome :)

Here's the wrongway of doing the Peripherique. The notorious Black Prince riding the peripherique at 250 kph, going round all the way in 11 minutes...

Black Prince

Bit risky in a couple of places I thought Mike, certainly the other one that Cookie mentions, the guy can not still be alive
:eek: :confused: :nono :mcgun :1/10 :whatthefe
S................................H...............................I.............................T...............................TTT

Bananaman said:
Bit risky in a couple of places I thought Mike, certainly the other one that Cookie mentions, the guy can not still be alive
:eek: :confused: :nono :mcgun :1/10 :whatthefe
S................................H...............................I.............................T...............................TTT

Bit of an understatement... :rob 250 kph !! I think he average 150 kph.... :nono

Back
Top Bottom