My first road ride on the HP.

kiwiAdventure

Reaction score
I've just got back from my first club ride on my new HP2. Being Sunday there is a club ride up north of Auckland NZ. The ride has tight twisty corners and some nice straights. I'm not really interest in the straight line speed of the bike I just enjoy tight corners. (I have my 1200rt for the touring rides)
I'm still running the bike in so I'm slow and steady on the straights. I come to my first tight corner and find I don't need to slow down for this as I usually do and just drop the HP into the first of many tight corners on the ride. I scrape my foot peg and boot on the ground. The next corner I move my foot off the peg and slide it around the corner. I've never ridden a BMW bike which corners like the HP does.
We had a r1100s on the ride and he usually rides the corners well and leaves me in his dust on my old 1200gs well not this time I passed him and he had no answers at all. The HP just pulled away. He could not believe how well the HP could corner. :thumb
I'll have my first adventure ride next weekend on the HP :eek

Glad you had a fantastic first ride :)

only had mine a few weeks and still cant believe how much fun it is on road wheels :D

kiwiAdventure said:
I've just got back from my first club ride on my new HP2. Being Sunday there is a club ride up north of Auckland NZ. The ride has tight twisty corners and some nice straights. I'm not really interest in the straight line speed of the bike I just enjoy tight corners. (I have my 1200rt for the touring rides)
I'm still running the bike in so I'm slow and steady on the straights. I come to my first tight corner and find I don't need to slow down for this as I usually do and just drop the HP into the first of many tight corners on the ride. I scrape my foot peg and boot on the ground. The next corner I move my foot off the peg and slide it around the corner. I've never ridden a BMW bike which corners like the HP does.
We had a r1100s on the ride and he usually rides the corners well and leaves me in his dust on my old 1200gs well not this time I passed him and he had no answers at all. The HP just pulled away. He could not believe how well the HP could corner. :thumb
I'll have my first adventure ride next weekend on the HP :eek

Just imagine what it'll be like with the supermoto wheels :eek: :D

motomartin said:
ust imagine if it was a KTM supermoto :eek: :D
I'd probably still be waiting for parts..live up the road from a large ktm dealer and wont have another..been there done that! got burnt :(

My first foray with bmw so lets hope this is better :D

Back
Top Bottom