Second bike decision.... HELP!

speedyellow

OK, so I'm down to a decision between two bikes.....

New Buell Lightening 12Scg or MV F4 1000

The MV is 18 months old but has only done 400 miles... typical new sports bike owner... more time cleaning than anything else...

It really is just a fun road bike I'm looking for... I do really love my HP2 but always seem to have two bike... lucky I know... keeps me smiling...

So which should I go for then??? :beerjug:

How much is he asking for the MV ?

I was considering selling mine,but I would probably regret it,as it is nice to pull out and take for a spin on a nice sunny day.

He's asking £8800 for the MV.... which looks to be a good offer for a bike that has essentially never been ridden....???

I lurve the MV and only ever hear good things about 'em...
Can't say the same for the Buell - sorry

On the basis that both will end up in the garage with some sort of mechanical failure then the MV's the one cos while your waiting for the bits you can still go into the garage and drool. Then again the MV would make your GS look even uglier that it already is and you may love the gs as much. difficult one, I mean if you were married to dawn french and claudia shieffer which one are you going to take to the pub, Yes Dawns funny and would be a giggle but claudia well SSSWING.
Stick with the BM and buy models of MV's,916's etc. :thumb

On the basis that both will end up in the garage with some sort of mechanical failure then the MV's

Heh,Syco,I know this is a GS forum,but we don't have to assume that all bikes are as unreliable as a Beemer !!!

I have my MV 18 months and it has been faultless !!

MV

MV without a shadow of doubt.
All MV's remain Ageless and Beautiful.
I still wish I'd bought the MV America I was offered in early 80's:(
If nothing else, whilst standing still and unused they are a Work of Art :cool:

A Buell will never be drooled over when its 50 yrs old

To me the MV is just another sports bike, now if it was the Brutale they are really sweet, even the missus liked it when I looked at one in 3XMc's,

Very sexy indeed :thumb

Thumbs down for the Buell i'm afraid unless your going to use the fantastic handling all the time, the crap engine will just get in the way of your "owner enjoyment"

Shep

Shep said:
To me the MV is just another sports bike, now if it was the Brutale they are really sweet, even the missus liked it when I looked at one in 3XMc's,

Very sexy indeed :thumb

Shep

Nah !!!

Personal taste,I know,but having owned both,the F4 wins :

speedyellow said:
It really is just a fun road bike I'm looking for... I do really love my HP2 but always seem to have two bike... lucky I know... keeps me smiling...

So which should I go for then??? :beerjug:

Perhaps it will depend on your size!

Most GS riders are of the amply proportioned subset of humanity.

Are you sure that you can fold/squeeze into/onto the MV?

Sharibee had a Buell XB9R and loved it. However she sold it after a few weeks because it was sooooooooo unreliable. She uses her bike everyday and it just couldn't take it. I'm not saying the MV could but c'mon you've already got one ugly bike, why have another. Gotta be the MV if only to look at.

Manny Fagnet said:
Nah !!!

Personal taste,I know,but having owned both,the F4 wins :

[/URL]

I must admit having owned a couple full fairing bikes, I have developed a real dislike to them i'm not even sure why :nenau

A naked bike still looks like a real bike to me, its a personal thing though, and I understand not everybody likes to look at loverly engines, frames etc.

Shep :thumb

Can't see a Givi topbox adaptor on their website to fit an MV :nenau

so that narrows the option down

Back
Top Bottom