60 CXs please help

GSpot 1200

hello all.
I have a Garmin 60 CXs, and i love it.
But one thing is killing me...when I am promted to choose between roads on my route, I can only choose between
" Direct Route and Follow the road " options.
What had happend to the " quickest and/or shortest" route.
I cant get the da..... thing to avoid ferries, even if it means
a deroute.
can someone on this forum help me out ?

Go into setup then routing click the button at the bottom of the screen and you have all routing options.

Off the top of my head so might of missed a step but it is there...

If you go into routing setup and change from auto to prompted you will have a choice when on route...Thats if its the same as my GpsMap 60c..

Dave

This problem is part of the microsoftization of Garmin GPS devices.

In the ancient days we had Mac for the intelligent people and PC for the dummies. A Mac did exactly what it was told but the PC filters the input and do what it thinks the user really wants to do.

There are 10 dummies for each intelligent person so the Mac died. PC was much better business.

The old Garmin SP3 did what is was told but the new 60CX and the Zumo assumes that the user is stupid so it tries to do something better than what the user tells it.

Pity because the 60CX is the, by far, best GPS made by Garmin so far. Soon to be distanced by the Zumo. But Garmin may not give us old fashioned guys with some basic understanding of navigation access to the new devices.

Having trivial setup options as quickest/shortest, Atozoom=off, recalculation=off is far too complicated for the dummies, will make them confused, and can therefore not be available. Pity. Indeed pity. :nenau

At the risk of sounding sexist, they made the units simpler so that the broad in the nissan patrol can just follow the spoken directions while applying makup, texting her mate and screaming at the kids in the back seat.

Back
Top Bottom