intaride EVO

Bought one about a month ago, unfortunately it's sat in a box at home and I'm sat in a box in Iraq! will have it fitted though in the next couple of weeks though.

still haven't purchased. Anyone care to comment on ANYTHING you might have heard???????????? :nenau

Well I have a RP1 and I hope this is an improvement, have cheekily asked to trade mine in :D as less than six months old and they where doing a deal buy rp1 and get the price knocked of the new liberty, which seems to be taking forever to arrive. :thumb

ShaunT279 said:
Well I have a RP1 and I hope this is an improvement, have cheekily asked to trade mine in :D as less than six months old and they where doing a deal buy rp1 and get the price knocked of the new liberty, which seems to be taking forever to arrive. :thumb
How do you like the RP1? I've really only held off on the EVO, because I found a used RP1 at a great price. Trying to decide whether I should just get the used RP1, or, go for the new and improved EVO..

Honest truth pile of crap... vox is awful, doesn't like the rain, has moments when it decides not to talk to the GPS, has other moments when pillion can't start the mic then the rider can't. So bad that when I visited the Bike Meet in July almost had the whole lot taken out and a Baehr system fitted there and then. If the credit card could have stood it I would have.

Thats after just 4 months of use. If autocomm looked likely to bring out a wireless sytem I would be going there.

I know some people swear by them so above is just my opinion.

ShaunT279 said:
Honest truth pile of crap... vox is awful, doesn't like the rain, has moments when it decides not to talk to the GPS, has other moments when pillion can't start the mic then the rider can't. So bad that when I visited the Bike Meet in July almost had the whole lot taken out and a Baehr system fitted there and then. If the credit card could have stood it I would have.

Thats after just 4 months of use. If autocomm looked likely to bring out a wireless sytem I would be going there.

I know some people swear by them so above is just my opinion.

must agree i had one and sent it back very dissapointing to be honest

Well finally have a chance to fit the system now I'm back, good job I bench tested it, no sound from the rider plug :( , looks like it's going back, will give them the benefit of the doubt this once, if the next ones no good it could be starcom or autocom :mmmm

Well my RP1 is being "upgraded" by intraride all I have to do is return the box so the other bits can stay on the bike. I will give it a go but not holding out much hope. Come on Autocom give us a wireless system....

jimswms said:
still haven't purchased. Anyone care to comment on ANYTHING you might have heard???????????? :nenau

:( I bought a RP1 to tour Europe in 2004 it has been removed ever since, I must say I found the system to be very poor and would opt for Autocom everytime.

I really liked the RP1. Had a couple of glitches initially but a phone call to them soon identified the problems as my installation, worked perfectly from then on!
Waiting for the Evo....watch this space!

For what it's worth to anyone!
I've had an Rp1 for about 18 months mainly on my old GSX750. No real problems to report, but they did do me a software upgrade "free of charge" about 6 months ago that improved the vox at high speed. I liked their attitude to customers, they made an effort.

I've upgraded (they gave me £50 trade-in) to an Evo 2 weeks ago & I had it fitted by them at their place in redditch. I've only tried it 3 or 4 times, but so far it's doing what they said it would, I'm well pleased with it. I like the totally removable leads, it's a lot easier to fit than the Rp1 which had fixed headset leads like the Autocoms do. Most of all I like the Pro jack plugs, so much easier than anything I've seen elsewhere. It has 2 knobs to adjust the volume - much easier than the Rp1.

I think they still do a free trial !

ShaunT279 said:
Well my RP1 is being "upgraded" by intraride all I have to do is return the box so the other bits can stay on the bike. I will give it a go but not holding out much hope. Come on Autocom give us a wireless system....

Its not that simple unfortunately, the main problems with BT is that you can only pair with one device at a time. So an average rider running rider to pillion, phone, music and maybe GPS has no chance. Most systems if used with a phone loose the pillion.

The other things to think about are very poor battery life, most systems come installed within a helmet already so you might be wearing a helmet that does not fit you just save a few wires. Where is the safety in that!

Also cost, the BMW system WAS being sold for around £1000 for a rider to pillion system set up so its not cheap. Going back to battery life, the typical user time is/was around 5 hours on the BMW system. So you have got around 5 hours user time before you need a recharge of the bike via a lead (no longer wireless) or for you sit around plugged into mains supply for x amount of hours for a recharge.

So I guess we all need to wait for technology to catch up so we can all run BT all day long, running GPS, bike to bike, phone, pillion and music. It maybe 5-6 years or even longer before this might be possible.

Cheers

Rich

GSrich said:
Its not that simple unfortunately, the main problems with BT is that you can only pair with one device at a time. So an average rider running rider to pillion, phone, music and maybe GPS has no chance. Most systems if used with a phone loose the pillion.

The other things to think about are very poor battery life, most systems come installed within a helmet already so you might be wearing a helmet that does not fit you just save a few wires. Where is the safety in that!

Also cost, the BMW system WAS being sold for around £1000 for a rider to pillion system set up so its not cheap. Going back to battery life, the typical user time is/was around 5 hours on the BMW system. So you have got around 5 hours user time before you need a recharge of the bike via a lead (no longer wireless) or for you sit around plugged into mains supply for x amount of hours for a recharge.

So I guess we all need to wait for technology to catch up so we can all run BT all day long, running GPS, bike to bike, phone, pillion and music. It maybe 5-6 years or even longer before this might be possible.

Cheers

Rich

top post agree 100%

Cheers, I was trying to put our views across nice and simply. Most of the people we spoke to at the NEC show didnt think of these.

Rich

Got a few issues with mine.
Their technical bod has admitted they have a problem with water ingress into the back of the mikes which causes them to short and reduce the volume.

Also problem with water ingress into lead causing feedback ( not nice at 70mph :eek:

Going in on monday to have it all sorted and try to upgrade to new system. We will see!!

Bullit said:
For what it's worth to anyone!
I've had an Rp1 for about 18 months mainly on my old GSX750. No real problems to report, but they did do me a software upgrade "free of charge" about 6 months ago that improved the vox at high speed. I liked their attitude to customers, they made an effort.

I've upgraded (they gave me £50 trade-in) to an Evo 2 weeks ago & I had it fitted by them at their place in redditch. I've only tried it 3 or 4 times, but so far it's doing what they said it would, I'm well pleased with it. I like the totally removable leads, it's a lot easier to fit than the Rp1 which had fixed headset leads like the Autocoms do. Most of all I like the Pro jack plugs, so much easier than anything I've seen elsewhere. It has 2 knobs to adjust the volume - much easier than the Rp1.

I think they still do a free trial !
finally, someone that has one! I did buy the unit. A few questions about yours.. Does your phone ring in your headset? Mine does not, and, have been told it should. Did your headset come with a din plug that plugs into an extension, which then has a pro plug? I love that pro plug and wonder why they bother with the din plug..

abrasion said:
Got a few issues with mine.
Their technical bod has admitted they have a problem with water ingress into the back of the mikes which causes them to short and reduce the volume.

Also problem with water ingress into lead causing feedback ( not nice at 70mph :eek:

Going in on monday to have it all sorted and try to upgrade to new system. We will see!!
Is that the RP1? Or, is there water issues with the new EVO?

Alright, I purchased the EVO. I'm using it for phone, GPS music. A few comments:
Pros

-music through the system is fantastic. Volume level is quite acceptable.
-Phone picks up right away and communication is clear as a bell. Noone has figured out that I was on the bike.
-GPS voice prompts are the same as above.
-Music fades in/out nicely and cleanly. There's no distortion, just fade in/out.
-they wired in a 3.5mm plug for my earbuds. No need for the $50 Autocom lead.
-I love how everything plugs in, rather than having those bigass semi-permanent leads that autocom uses.

Cons
-Ok, all the above is true except for when the music is cutting in/out for no apparent reason. It seems to be slightly related to the autovox, but, really, I'm not sure. It's also MUCH better at highway speeds than slow moving or standing still. It doesn't do it always, just occasionally.
-the standard helmet speakers don't sound very good. I would be disappointed with sound quality if these were what I was relying on. Etymotic ER6i's sound great though

Now, Intaride has been incredible to deal with. I've had quite a bit of email correspondance with them. they are quick to answer, professional, and genuinely appear to be concerned with my music in/out issue. At first we thought that it could be setup on my end. It looks like they may be sending me a new unit this week. I have no doubt this will be solved soon. I couldn't be happier with the concern and level of customer service I've received as of yet. Lets hope it continues, because, this really appears to be a great unit.

Paid the visit to intaride.

Took both bikes up and had them checked.
Faulty microphone on my helmet was one problem.
Couldnt fault the service though. Both headsets were fully stripped out and rebuilt with stans being upgrade to a pro plug version.Was also offered cost price upgrade to eveo unit if not happy.

My system was stripped out and checked , seems ok.
All set up and ready to go, left the unit and can't hear Stan properly. Odd, David's voice comes booming over the headset as he is talking to us on a seperate radioback at the unit. Problem appears to be Stans PTT button. Needed to get going so took replacement home with us.

Strange thing is if i ride either bike and stan stays at home with a radio can get good reception and conversation ,just have problems talking to each other on the bikes.

Part of the problem appears to be unfilterd earplugs , which means the unit is working too hard to get the sound through( radios and unit on full). Have some filtered plugs arriving soon so will check with them.

If this doesn't help will go back to intaride to sort it out.
Not too happy about the problems but i cant fault their customer service. :thumb

Jim

With relation to your music cutting out problem they worked it out while i was there i think.
If the vox/ volume is set a little too low the background noise gate kicks in. The answer appears just to tweek the volume up a little bit. Worked a treat on the test rig.

Back
Top Bottom