Wales Trails - Photos and afterthoughts

Greg Masters

'Don't mess with me' Member
Mod Squad
Reaction score
Guys

What a great weekend!

I've finally sobered up after Friday night and got the bike stashed in the garage.

My highlights:

• discovering that ktm520 was outriding at 7am on Saturday morning
  • seeing mr tickle perform a face-plant within 200 years of the beginning of the first trail
  • the sight of Karl's HP2 upside-down in the bog
  • seeing darkhorse trying to lift his bike from the bog
  • the log flume
  • and the generally great craic!

Thanks to you all for supporting this!

:thumb

Greg

Greg, it was indeed a real hoot. Thanks once again for organising it - I certainly wouldn't have missed this one for anything!

Awesome terrain, and all of it do-able, even my personal dreaded log-flume.The evening "craic" was up to the usual standard with some having more craic than they should have :eek:

Later on there will be some interesting/entertaining pictures posted up on here (I hope).

Here's to the next one :thumb

The only disappointment was Greg not getting his customary puncture!! :D ( his stagger back to the hotel on Friday night made up for it though hehe ). Pure class there Greg, top marks... :D

Anyway,thanks for organizing a fantastic weekend - well done, pat on the back. Thanks also to Clive - a true gentleman you are. Nice to see everyone else too :beerjug: .

Here we go...

3 bikes in the back of a Caravelle :eek:

180332.jpg

Our group of 20 just about to leave the hotel car park

091432.jpg

Which way do we go?

101516.jpg

Darkhorse stuck in the mud

101644.jpg

...still stuck in the mud!

101703.jpg

No KTM950SE's to be seen anywhere... :D

101737.jpg

Greg Masters

101523.jpg

The rivers weren't actually too deep which was suprising

124804.jpg

... even though they weren't too deep, KTM520 managed to drown himself and the bike completely under water

124816.jpg

Karlz testing the HP2 snorkel system

153729.jpg

The local was in full swing

231240.jpg

...as was Steve :D

232714.jpg

...and Didier

232857.jpg

troublemakers

010831.jpg

weyhey!!!

011910.jpg

the locals were really friendly

013111.jpg

Dave had all the moves of the night

010712.jpg

A cracking weekend :thumb. When's the next one? :beerjug:

wales off road

top marks again Greg, great weakend :beerjug: :clap :clap thanks for organising everything mate, top bunch of blokes [ including that aussie nutter]cant wait for the next one all the best steve :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

The hotel has rung me - they think that two people haven't paid their bills.

If you haven't paid, can you ring them on 01597 810735 and sort it asap.

Thanks

Greg

The hotel kept 1 copy of the receipt. It shouldn't be too difficult for them to figure out who forgot as they should still have both parts of the receipt.

mrTickle said:
It shouldn't be too difficult for them to figure out who forgot .....
They know (and so do I) but I thought I'd give the guilty a chance to pay before they are named and shamed!

:rolleyes:

Greg

Wales Mud Bath ...

Greg,

Many thanks for a fab weekend. There are players and spectators, and these boys are no spectators. :bow

Hope to see you at the next one. :bounce1

Richard

GREAT Fun

What a great weekend.
I enjoved everyones company, had a great laugh and defintely made a fool of myself. :)

Thanks Greg for the organisation, thanks Ktm520 for making me look good.

Stay tuned for photos I will post them as soon as ktm520 sends me some details.

Cheers

Has to be one of the best weekends I've had for some time. :thumb My highlight has to be the Friday night, followed swiftly on by watching the challenge of blokes getting bikes out of the blackest muddyest Welsh bog. My only disappointment was missing Dave's (KTM520) puddle diving episode :D

Thanks Greg for organising the weekend and Clive for being sweeper. :bow

PS. I paid my bill and I've got the receipt.

Fantastic weekend, many thanks for a great time Greg, and also to Clive for keeping me company in the slippery bits :D

Wonderfull bunch of Tossers :thumb I feel proud to know you all. I don't know what hurt more, my unused muscles or my ribs from laughing so much.

See you all at the next one. :beerjug:

Karlz said:
thanks Ktm520 for making me look good.

:hapybnce: :hapybnce: :hapybnce:

Blue Sweeper said:
My only disappointment was missing Dave's (KTM520) puddle diving episode :D

Poor old Dave.

Throb was riding right behind him when he took the 'dive'. Not only did the bike go under, but Dave did too!

Throb said it 'was the full banana - but I didn't stop!'

I've checked the track-log and it took about 40 minutes to sort Dave's bike and then it was started largely thanks to a passing 4x4 which had a jump start pack.

Greg

welsh off road

Greg, dave had finished his front crawl and was half way through his back stroke lengths,he seemed to be having a whale of a time. i did try to call the R N L I honist :D :D :D

Just like to add my thanks to Greg for organising a great weekend and everyone else for making it work so well. Top time was had. Thanks. :thumb

...great weekend ...many thanks Greg.......great company as usual! :thumb ...now the rest of me body is catchin up to me achin leg...:D

....i think that ozzy bloke need therapy... :eek: :D

...hope to see you all again soon....... :bounce1

Greg, what a great trip....thanks for all the work put in to organise it...and putting up with stress of the rest of us doing our best to undo all that effort!
(such as the somewhat bemused other group of trail riders when some us decided to join their rideout.... well , it seemed like a good idea at the time!) :beerjug:

OK ! Where to start.

Just like to thank 'Major' Greg and 'Tail End' Clive in running an excellent weekend.

Also like to thank all those who stopped and helped restart a drowned 520. That doesn't include throb the builder who rode past me laughing, but does include a 4x4 driver who helped us jump start the bike.

To put a few records straight.

I will admit the hp2 is quicker on the road with road tyres, though the 950 does rear wheel steer quite nicely with full knobblies on. :eek: . In the dirt it was a different matter, :rolleyes: and the 950 handled far better than the hp2.
Feeble excuses and whinging from Tickle about wrong tyres.

After a couple of drinks (we drank the pub dry of malt whisky :beer: )
A plan was hatched to meet up for a ride on the Golf course for a head to head, two hp2's and the SE the following morning.

Clearly Tickle and Karl were far to scared to turn up the following morning, unable to take the pace. (more of this later).

Not having ever removed the plugs on the SE I opted to take the 520 out on Saturday, which was a sound decision after finding the largest puddle in wales to take a dive in, fully submerging both the bike and me. Commin up for air for the first time I was hit by the bow wave of Throb passing me by.

Initial respect for Karlz in taking the HPee2 out on Saturday soon disappeared when the Aussie Wimp decided not to join us in the Pub for beers and went to bed early. Leaving the hard core, Throb, Tickle Darkhorse and Didier and me to carry on partying.

It was also nice that a surprise visit from Didiers Grandmother livened up the evening!

welsh off road

I DID NOT LAUGH------------------------------------------------------------------------------------TILL LATER

Back
Top Bottom