'06 BMW HP2 - Time Tested

That article's a good read - a sensible well written piece by someone who knows. Finally a journalist who understands and knows how to ride a bike properly. None of this namby pamby nonsense you read in the British press.

I agree with them when they state that the standard Karoo tyres aren't able to take the mega power of the HP2 - anyone who can ride it properly knows that - far more serious rubber is required. I know the tyre issue doesn't just affect the HP2 though - I've recently been out riding with a friend ( albeit on a similar sized but lower powered bike ) who reckoned that he had the same shortcoming on his machine. He decided to replace his stock rubber with something more serious and reckoned it transformed his bike.

It makes you wonder why manufactures put them on the bikes in the first place. I suppose they probably fit them for journalists - people who never venture off road and don't really know how to ride a bike? Who knows why ... especially when they're the things most people replace first!

After seeing these tyres in action http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87088, they're definitely going to be my next choice - they're brilliant :thumb

Back
Top Bottom