Trail Riding on 2nd December leave Keighley

dazzer

Reaction score
Leaving McDonalds in keighley at 9,30.Saturday the 2nd December
with a run around the Dale's,on B road's, and some green lane's.
Dinner in Hawes ,and we aim to be back in Keighley for 4pm ish.
we will cover about 130 miles .

Sorry this ride is not suitable for novice trail rider's,
but if anyone new to trail riding would like to try some lane's I will do another ride out for you.

Dazzer

dazzer said:
Sorry this ride is not suitable for novice trail rider's,
Do we have to provide our own entertainment then? :D

I should be there on my 650 :)

planning on stopping at hawes for snap? if so i might pop up that way for a plod around, dont want to slow you pros down :thumb
Shoulders still not right after that last off i had :confused:
might see you up there :bounce1

Dazco.
if your fit,you will be OK on the trail's... we are not doing the BAD one ;)
so hope you can make it...you know you have a buring Desire to come off roading in Morocco next year :thumb

ummmm, :bounce1 offfroading, :bounce1 ummm :bounce1 morrocccoooo :bounce1
dont think ill get a pass for that, bring me some sand back and ill sprinkle it over the beast and all over my clothes and sarnies and just pretend ive been :thumb

Trail riding

Hi Dazzer

I may be interested in some novice Trail riding at some point.I own a Gs 100 etc, etc but bought a DRZ this time last year. I threw myself in at the deep end with the Drz and did a H/H.My god, what a shocker.Even given that ive ridden road bikes for 30 years, and I was a 40 mile a week athlete, I couldnt believe how hard the H/H was !!!! Its taken until now to look to do/enter another, less technical event. (Hafren, early Dec).
I could do with some practice sometime !!!!

Hi Martin.
If your doing H+H and the Hafren rally,you should be ok on this ride out.
Hope you can make it.
Dazzer

Trail ride.

Im afraid im at work on your day out Dazzer, although I have a 10 day spell from Friday 17th Dec when Im not at work so could possibly fit something in then.
Like I said tho, after my one and only H/H, (when I was so shocked) Im very apprehensive.Im doing my second event(Hafren) partly because im weekend off, AND because Ive been told its a lot easier/less technical.
Im not the kind of person to give up too easily (and whilst the H/H was possibly more like moto-x !!!!!!!!!!), Id probably welcome a bit of advice on off-road riding tecniques.It does sound like the Hafren is going to bit a more up my street, and a bit more of a laugh.Even tho I enjoy getting mucked up to the eyeballs, and dont mind a bit of of pain(im a climber and fell runner), I didnt enjoy the H/H a year ago 1 bit.Yes, it was a shocker.
(Maybe its practice, practice, practice, to get "bike fit")

Dazzer,

I'd be really interested in coming along, but not on the GS as I've now got alloys fitted. I'll come on my CRM, instead, but could do with some idea of the route as I'll probably peel off back towards Preston at some point. It'd also let me figure out fuel stops or whether to bring a fuel can (only got a 2.5 gal tank on the Honda...)

Hi Paul.
Colin who came on his Gas Gas as about the same Tank range as your CRM.
Leaving Keighley with a full tank, he refilled in Kettlewell, But we will be passing fuel stop's in Patley bridge..then Kettlewell and Hawes.
After dinner around mid afternoon we should be in the area of Ribblehead,this my be the best place to head in the right direction for preston.

Hope you can make it.

Dazzer

So it's not suitable for my shaft drive BMW then? I have heated grips and ABS you know :p

sven, if you got knobblies get y'self along, I aint so im not and got summet else on anall, The've got some real good tracks sorted up there. :thumb
i did most of the routes up there last month with slicks on but it was hard going :confused:
if your interested we might be having a run up round the Lakes on the 15th, all on road i might add :bounce1

dazco said:
sven, if you got knobblies get y'self along

I don't think you can get knobblies in K1200S sizes :p I almost bought a GS, honest.....

Weather dependent, I could be interested in a run to the Lakes though

Dazzers having probs with laptop,can ya let us know if ya coming,beats x mas shopping any day. :rob

Not me I'm afraid Basil. Nightshifts and being dragged to a Saturday dinner dance have buggered it for me.

Next time.

me neither , Think youll understand :rolleyes:
Not got the tyres and mum an dad round for some grub later :beer:

Back
Top Bottom