gold wing

Nick Marshall

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
and this one is totally out of character, but i dont care, it is fun to ride, and a pleasure to own..

Attachments

• Gl18007e.jpg
    Gl18007e.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 802
Fantastic Bike

What a bike Nick, if I had enough money, (IE if SWMBO) said I could I'd have one as well.

What a laid back tourer two up.

Wolfman

Nick,
My first bike (ever) was a gl1200 aspencade. Took delivery of the bike and learned to ride from there. Second bike was a GL1500 and boy how much fun was that. Seamless power from the engine and the most comfortable seat ever. Of course there was much less traffic in Dublin then and you could commute on it in 1991. Your 1500 looks superb. Enjoy.

I took part in the Sally Army Xmas Toy Run in Manchester yesterday (Sat 11.11.06). There were many Wing owners in the car park prior to setting out, and very nice they were too. One Wing owner was mooching round my bike, and, like yer do, we got chatting. What gobsmacked me was how amazed he was at just how feckin big a fully loaded 1150GSA was! I never think of my bike as being big, but coming from a bloke on a Wing, it made me realise just what a presence the old girl has.
Left me all kind of chuffed.
(BTW, nowt against Wings, my last bike was a K12LT with all the toys, just fancied summat more all-round, and boy, did I get what I wanted :thumb )

Excellent!

Did 3500 miles on a rented one in the USA - absolutely superb! Although 1800cc drinks petrol like there's no tomorrow - somewhat restricting the range.

Manual screen - crap.
Everything else - awesome.

Not for the crowded UK though...

Grand Tetons, south of Yellowstone Park...

Attachments

• IMG_2570 small.JPG
    IMG_2570 small.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 693
Screen

Banjaxed of Worthing said:
Did 3500 miles on a rented one in the USA - absolutely superb! Although 1800cc drinks petrol like there's no tomorrow - somewhat restricting the range.

Manual screen - crap.
Everything else - awesome.

Not for the crowded UK though...

Grand Tetons, south of Yellowstone Park...

looked everywhere for the button to raise the screen after i got the bike! :D

looks nice in white.. :thumb

I had Goldwings for over 15 years (2 1100s, 1 1200, 2 1500s, 1 1800).

IMHO one of the most underrated bikes on the market by those who have never ridden one.

Mike

goldie

When my regular bike was a VFR I rode a GL1800 from New York down the Skyline Drive and Blue Ridge Parkway (ie the Appalachians) to near Tennessee, and back again....1800 miles of winding roads (and a lot of late night partying too!).

It was a fantastic bike, great handling, never lost composure in the bends (except once on gravel :) ). I am sure I slept part of the way, it was that comfortable.

And the reverse gear never fails to impress!

My buddy was riding a valkyrie and we swapped from day to day...quite a contrast even though they started with the same engine once.

Nick let me know when you are selling! :)

Simon

Rode a mate’s Aspencade around 40 miles in Wales a few years back, he had to ride in front of me to stop me in the end to swap back :( Terrific machines :D

preferred ...

... the sports version myself :eek:

Attachments

• GL1000 -1.jpg
    GL1000 -1.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 582
while on the "ditchpumps" tour this year, we met an irish bloke in france who was riding a gold wing that he'd bought in new york 3 month ago. he'd been down most of south america & then on to europe.

25,000 miles in 3 months :bow

I've ridden every model GW and actually love the damn things. Did most miles on my mates 1200, but todays 1800 is a nice piece of (horribly expensive) kit. I could see me owning one when I grow up a bit more. :D

There's a bloke who rides "The Dragon" on a Wing to videotape others riders scratching (he charges for this service.) No one can leave him..... :thumb

The famous incident of Joey Dunlop on a Wing with the SVP of UK Honda as pillion, riding the Island. The SVP was "whitefaced" upon return........ :D

Back
Top Bottom