Re Blue Tooth Helmets

Mike Whitworth

Reaction score
Hi Folkes
I am going to show my ignorance of these matters now and hope that someone more knowledgeable than I can put me straight.
What I am hopeing to be able to do is convert my Autocom rider to Passenger intercom to Blue tooth and in so doing do away with the connecting wires.
Blue tooth Dongles are they a small transceiver?
If I was to create a suitable power supply for a USB Bluetooth dongle could I then fit it into the helmet and wirelessly transmit it to a similar set up in my passengers helmet.or have I got it completly wrong >
Regardsd to all
Mike
roughcast@tiscali.co.uk :beerjug:

Mike Whitworth said:
Hi Folkes
I am going to show my ignorance of these matters now and hope that someone more knowledgeable than I can put me straight.
What I am hopeing to be able to do is convert my Autocom rider to Passenger intercom to Blue tooth and in so doing do away with the connecting wires.
Blue tooth Dongles are they a small transceiver?
If I was to create a suitable power supply for a USB Bluetooth dongle could I then fit it into the helmet and wirelessly transmit it to a similar set up in my passengers helmet.or have I got it completly wrong >
Regardsd to all
Mike
roughcast@tiscali.co.uk :beerjug:

Good luck but I can not see it working, if it was possible we would be selling our own BT dongles or systems. If you have a look on the Interide thread this will give you a clearer idea on the reasons why not.

Mike, If you want to go wireless with just an Intercom and Bluetooth mobile phone, I suspect you best option is to dump the Autocom and go fully Bluetooth with maybe Scala Rider http://www.cardowireless.co.uk/
Check out the Scala Rider Teamset, for a rider to pillion kit.

Rainbow sell it here

ebbo said:
Mike, If you want to go wireless with just an Intercom and Bluetooth mobile phone, I suspect you best option is to dump the Autocom and go fully Bluetooth with maybe Scala Rider http://www.cardowireless.co.uk/
Check out the Scala Rider Teamset, for a rider to pillion kit.

Rainbow sell it here

Have you used one of these? would be interested to hear about how good they are

Having a cell phone is not the greatest of items to have at the head, but having a bluetooth helmet permanently transmitting by my skull does not turn me on at all. :eek: The sound is also bad. I'll stay with the wire connection. :thumb

Have one.
Use it on my Caberg flip front.

Sould quality is very good and anyone I've spoken to says it sounds perfect up to about 50mph and a bit windy at about 70mph (they comment it sounds just like a Car Kit).

Pairs very easily with the phone, but I just can't get it to accept my voice when I try to set the voice dialing with my K800i.

I generally use it to answer calls when I need to be in contact or on a long ride.
I find my concentration really drops when using it, so I tend to back off the speed a lot when talking and turn it off if I'm moving on a bit.

They're going pretty cheap on Ebay...

darkhorse said:
Have you used one of these? would be interested to hear about how good they are

Back
Top Bottom