Responsible use of Byways, vote oppose

Theres a technical glitch at the site at the moment if you try to oppose :rolleyes:

Doesn't look good the number for against the number against however the ratio of people who have lft comments is very one sided for those opposing the restrictions.

I'll try again tomorrow ;)

Good find and everyone should oppose even if you don't use them as its pure selfishnesss on the ramblers behalf.

Voted

Don't know if it will make a difference but there is a massive vote against this proposal to keep vehicles off byways. How selfish these people are. :spitfire They have access to all rights of way but want to get vehicles banned from the last 5%.
Ridding along these lanes I am amazed at how little this resource is used. Many are becoming overgrown and blocked so no pedestrians or horses are using them.

It is worth circulating this to anyone you know who mountain bikes as well... the way I read their proposal the would ban cycling from BOATS as well as motor vehicles.

Its hugely selfish!

I'm not far from the ridgeway and try and not use it too much as firstly its just too easy and secondly it is enjoyed by walkers, families etc. but when I do use it and come across people I always make sure to give them right of way, smile and chat to them... it does no harm to be polite. the flip side of that is I've nearly been taken out by a couple of guys on trails bikes who didnt even stop. I think the subject of the campaign is a good one, but I think its "aims" are purely selfish and selfmotivated (probably by a horse rider)

Guys - before we register and vote, let's review what it's saying:

I read the campaign's aim as being "To keep Byways (open to all Traffic - BOATs) for use by walkers, horse riders and essential farm traffic ONLY. These are not the place for high powered mechanised vehicles. This effects Byways throughout the entire British Isles. Your quiet walk in the countryside could be endangered by a driver of a 4x4 intent on putting his/her car through its paces" - and therfore I'm opposing this campaign.

Have I got this wrong?

Cheers,

Neil.

NeilF said:

I read the campaign's aim as being "To keep Byways (open to all Traffic - BOATs) for use by walkers, horse riders and essential farm traffic ONLY. These are not the place for high powered mechanised vehicles. This effects Byways throughout the entire British Isles. Your quiet walk in the countryside could be endangered by a driver of a 4x4 intent on putting his/her car through its paces" - and therfore I'm opposing this campaign.

Have I got this wrong?

Cheers,

Neil.

Yes unless you share the view that BOATS should only be used by walkers, horse riders and farmers.

NeilF said:

Have I got this wrong?

Cheers,

Neil.

The title of this thread mentions opposing the campaign :)

NeilF said:

Have I got this wrong?

Cheers,

Neil.

Neil you are right we should vote against it. I agree with you the title of the vote is a little misleading :beerjug:

Opposed.

Opposed this earlier.
'Byways Open to All Traffic' are exactly that.
If the author of this campaign doesn't want to have her walk near motorised vehicles, go atke the wlk on a footpath or Bridleway. These being where responsible drivers or riders of vehicles will not be found.
She has obviously never seen the work that volunteer user groups put into the repairs and maintenance of these Byways.
Very selfish.
Timpo.

Back
Top Bottom