Route Des Grandes Alpes for a start!

russ996duke

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Help! anyone got this route as a garmin route/track, or variations on it, to help me plan for next years trip???
Yes, I know its a long way off, but how else can I make the winter go by quicker without a trip to plan! :)

Russ, I went in 2002 and have been back twice. Here is the 2002 route, having the Garmin 176 at the time allowed me to save each days track log.

This is by far not all the best places over there but, it gives you something to play with. :thumb

Attachments

• Alps 2002 Track Logs edited for web.gdb
    75.7 KB · Views: 110
Hi Russ

I went down Route Napoleon, back up RGA in June/July 2006. South of Dijon it was superb.

The file is too big for this site - p.m. me and I'll send it via msn.

Alternatively, I live in pendoylan so we could study maps over a beer!

Simon

Russ, you can read our travelogue of the Route Grand Alps here plenty of tracklogs and waypoints to go at too. Its probably the best trip we've done so far, well worth it :thumb

Cheers guys, greta info from everyone, what Gsers forum is all about...lots for me to look at during the next few months of dark evenings!!!
proper planning prevents piss poor performance! :thumb

ebbo said:
Russ, you can read our travelogue of the Route Grand Alps here plenty of tracklogs and waypoints to go at too. Its probably the best trip we've done so far, well worth it :thumb

Great write ups, 2005 one :thumb

Back
Top Bottom