Boosteroo????

swebb

Another daft question time....

I keep seeing people referring to the use of a boosteroo in conjunction with their MP3 players.....

what exactly is a boosteroo, and should i be using one with my Ipod and my Autocom Pro-7? :nenau

cheers

Stu.

AA powered amplifier. Only really needed if the ipod or whatever has a low output. I bought one when I got my iriver mp3 player, but it had enough output for it not to be needed.

If your system works ok for you without it I wouldn't bother, just more complication.

Same as John above - my cheapie 1GB mp3 player from Hong Kong didn't have enough volume output to hear it at 70. Stuck a Boosteroo under the seat and now can hear OK at 90 - 95. The 2 AA batteries seem to last forever as well!

cheers

Mark

I found my Autocom was too quiet, and researched all sorts of things including the Boosteroo.

In the end, I just bought the "extra loud" speakers from Autocom. These are more powerful than the standard ones, slightly thicker, but you can get music nice & loud even with earplugs in. Much less hassle!

Ignore Autocom's warnings that they "mustn't be used with music". True - if you dont have earplugs in you'll deafen yourself so do be careful, but otherwise they work a treat.

Got my Boosteroo off the web some where (probably via google), cost about £22 IIRC, but that was about 2 1/2 years ago, so can't remember exactly. Anything under £25 and you're not being ripped off.

Mine's used with an Autocom as well.

cheers

Mark

STUBBS said:
next sillt question where from and how much cheers :nenau

Call Autocom and they'll send you one.

Also, you can boost the volume of your actual iPod using some free software called EUPOD. I used this before I got the extra speakers - it's excellent though it does require re-applying every time you sync the iPod - it only takes 5 secs to work though.

http://www.espen.se/?category=1

:D

Back
Top Bottom